Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri said that we have one window to make our mark. I doubt hat Lukaku will have been sold, or will be sold, without Koeman giving the nod, and being reassured that a replacement will be bought for him. That replacement cannot be Rooney.

Koeman himself is on record as saying that Lukaku needed to work harder, and has subsequently brought in a player in Sandro, who works harder. If he feels we are losing goals, he'll bring in a player who can replace those goals.

I'm genuinely more upset about Sheedy leaving.

Kone contributed nothing.

As it stands, this is our front line:

Sandro
Lookman
Mirallas
DCL
Bolasie (crocked atm)
Barkley (future uncertain - if he goes we'll have a replacement in)

Throw in Rooney as well, with Lukaku obviously leaving.

If you add Giroud into that, we've got two proven PL goalscorers and a wide range of players in terms of style.

One thing it maybe lacks is pace, and if Giroud did come in I'd expect us to maybe be in for another 'wide forward' as well, though it wouldn't be crucial.

If we finished the summer with

Giroud
Rooney
Lookman
Sandro
Mirallas
DCL
Bolasie
Barkley (or his replacement)

as our front line, we'll be better off than we were this time last year.

By itself it looks okay. Compare it to any single one of the teams above us and it's total turd. The front line needs some major investment beyond sandro.

Anyway, cheers for the memories Rom.

Great striker - best player I've personally seen at the club since Rooney (who was an outstanding talent and it can't be underestimated just how good he was at 18).

We'll take a huge fee and be better off for it, IMO. We'll get a wider range of strikers in, and ones that will probably allow Koeman to mix it up a bit more if required.

Moshiri said that we have one window to make our mark. I doubt hat Lukaku will have been sold, or will be sold, without Koeman giving the nod, and being reassured that a replacement will be bought for him. That replacement cannot be Rooney.

Koeman himself is on record as saying that Lukaku needed to work harder, and has subsequently brought in a player in Sandro, who works harder. If he feels we are losing goals, he'll bring in a player who can replace those goals.

Sheedy is a genuine legend and, by all accounts was doing some really good work with the kids. I'm with you on this one.

Anyway, cheers for the memories Rom.

Great striker - best player I've personally seen at the club since Rooney (who was an outstanding talent and it can't be underestimated just how good he was at 18).

We'll take a huge fee and be better off for it, IMO. We'll get a wider range of strikers in, and ones that will probably allow Koeman to mix it up a bit more if required.

Aye, Lineker bagged 40 goals in 40 games and we came second.
Following season, we spread the goals around and won the title.

Moral of the story... don't put all yer eggs in one basket ;)

That replacement isn't Rooney.

We'll spend big on a striker, of that I'm sure.

I just don't know who it will be.

But, we need other options as well.

Sandro is the versatile, quick (but hardworking) striker we need. He's just turning 22. Will need time to settle in the Prem no doubt.

Rooney can be the experienced player to contribute in any of the positions and hopefully the move will rejuvenate him. He's really not been as awful in the past year as was made out, either. Still has a lot to offer.

If we got somebody like Giroud in as well, we've then got a target man to mix up the play when needed - and another proven goalscorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back