Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really understand why some lids on here are going completely mental about this. We all knew he would be on his bike this summer. We all knew £100m was probably a bit over the top. I'm just chuffed it seems to be happening relatively early in the window so we can get our team sorted before the start of the season.

Nailed on to get 20+ goals a season which makes him a good buy for United. £75m for a player with serious holes in his game, and who wishes to leave, is good business for us. How we replace him was always going to be the big question.

Can't wait to see how United fans react when he fluffs sitters in big games or fails to trap a ball for 90 minutes :coffee:

I'd expect a club with ambitions of a CL spot and challenging for titles to go out and invest a 75m+ fee for an outgoing striker on a new quality replacement.
Is that too much to ask?
Lukaku was signed for 28m.
Maybe we already have signed a striker whose value will go to 80m... but maybe he was signed for just over 5m.

I'd expect a club with ambitions of a CL spot and challenging for titles to go out and invest a 75m+ fee for an outgoing striker on a new quality replacement.
Is that too much to ask?

What striker that is worth so much would currently come mate?

Just saying...

Aubameyang? Belotti? (both unproven in the PL). Moratta?

And again, you have to have the back up in place to ensure that if they flop, you can still get goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back