Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we undersell with Rooney? The market wasnt as crazy then as it is now.

I think we did. An ageing Vieri went to Inter for £32million in the 1990s.

The £27million we got for the greatest English goalscorer in history wasn't an unusually high amount at the time. Far from it.

I think we just have opposing views on the quality of this player.

For £75m I'd be expecting someone at the Bale/Suarez-level, who would upgrade United from top four contenders to genuine title challengers.

Juventus had their pants down for Pogba, and I think the same thing is happening again with Lukaku.

There is no doubt that against lesser teams, when we are already winning, he's brilliant at putting the ball in the net........the Rat could change a game and drive a team forward, Rom doesn't yet have that........

I think we just have opposing views on the quality of this player.

For £75m I'd be expecting someone at the Bale/Suarez-level, who would upgrade United from top four contenders to genuine title challengers.

Juventus had their pants down for Pogba, and I think the same thing is happening again with Lukaku.

Put that into perspective, Spurs were asking for between £50m to £60m for Kyle Walker a fullback. So in that case, what's Lukaku really worth ?

Put that into perspective, Spurs were asking for between £50m to £60m for Kyle Walker a fullback. So in that case, what's Lukaku really worth ?

Asking and getting are slightly different though......don't get me wrong I want the full £100M, but it's all a negotiation......

There is no doubt that against lesser teams, when we are already winning, he's brilliant at putting the ball in the net........the Rat could change a game and drive a team forward, Rom doesn't yet have that........

He will never have that, it's not in his makeup mate, it's easy to talk like a winner, a lot harder to play like one consistently.

He will score goals, but he won't ever be the player who drags United to titles or sacrifices himself on the line.

Same with Pogba

For all his faults, Blue Bill rarely has undersold a player in recent history.
I would expect us to bank more than £75m TBH and it may well be a tactic to flush Chelsea or indeed other bidders out of the woodwork. Remember Newcastle getting involved with the Rooney sale?

If the fee is £75 million offered by the Mancs
Tell em to do one
The fee is 100 mill an no less
Sick and tired of united treating us
Like a feeder club for them
Hope Kenwright is not the negotiator as they will pay on drip fee payments just like with Rooney

Show some balls Ev

I would expect us to bank more than £75m TBH and it may well be a tactic to flush Chelsea or indeed other bidders out of the woodwork. Remember Newcastle getting involved with the Rooney sale?
Echo this comment matey. Think BK learnt lessons from the Rooney sale, he is not an easy pushover imo.

Yep, he rinsed Manchester with Lescott, Rodwell, Fellaini, Stones and now Lukaku.........

The single most important piece of business we will do this summer is replacing Lukaku, i personally think Iheanacho for a quarter of Lukaku's fee would've been a good option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back