Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outrageous. How many lads did we send your way over the past 10 years? Gibson, Cleverely, Phil Neville, Tim Howard, Morgan Sn, Saha ect.. We always sort you lads out.

No player is worth 100m nevermind paying 75m for Lukaku! 75m plus Rooney is a good deal for you.

The player has to want to go to the club.
United would have sold Schneiderlin to West Brom if he had been happy to go there.

We always sort Sunderland out with players and have built a very good relationship with them, especially over the last season.

We still paid them the absolute maximum for Pickford with very little fuss and no head patting patronisation either.

That is how a proper club behaves.

I think we just have opposing views on the quality of this player.

For £75m I'd be expecting someone at the Bale/Suarez-level, who would upgrade United from top four contenders to genuine title challengers.

Juventus had their pants down for Pogba, and I think the same thing is happening again with Lukaku.
Aye, I do really rate Rom - the prices have got ridiculous whichever way you look at it!

Outrageous. How many lads did we send your way over the past 10 years? Gibson, Cleverely, Phil Neville, Tim Howard, Morgan Sn, Saha ect.. We always sort you lads out.

No player is worth 100m nevermind paying 75m for Lukaku! 75m plus Rooney is a good deal for you.
how many of them did you want to keep, Morgan maybe.

Yep
All your cast offs. Quality that mate
Correct not being worth 100 million but pay the going rate.
Made us pay the full amount for Shnedelin and wouldn't back down even though he never played any games
Biggest club on n the world?
Don't think so

Does anyone know what's going on.....

Why did i just that and heard kevin webster in my head? Btw jog on

Yes and no. The world record fee at the time was 46M paid 3 years earlier. Veron went to Man utd in 2001 for 28 and a bit million.

So for a kid 25 million (the amount we got upfront) looks good but in that Euro's he looked like he would become the best player in the world, obviously being 18 having a whole career ahead of him, the fee was not as much as I hoped and I think many felt the same. 35M would have been probably right.

Bang on.

To pressurize us into a quicker sale mate.

Get the value out into the media and to try to take control of the situation.

Maybe it's come via the agent figuring a lower fee gives him more commission.

Think it's not a simple black and white situation atm.
After all it may be the chosen ones way, but tbh if the Rooney deal was not pending I would be more confident in us getting more for our leading goal scorer!

Not sure I buy this "feeder club" for Utd stuff. What have we sold them - 2 players in 13 years? (Rom would be #3)

I always thought Rom would go for between 65 - 70, so if Paul Joyce has it right that its 75 with add ons to 90, I'd say that's good business on our part.

Wish we could keep him, but he's been courting a bid for 2 years or more, if a concrete bid had come in he'd have already gone. The Top tier clubs have been waiting for him to have a 20+ League goals season before moving in.

Have to spend the money on a quality forward. No excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back