Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be really pissed off if we sell him to the Mancs. They are the 'next' club above we should be picking off.

Not because of the player (never been a fan). Just the message it sends
Exactly. We will never achieve anything at the big boy's table again if we keep selling our best players to rivals.

I'll be really pissed off if we sell him to the Mancs. They are the 'next' club above we should be picking off.

Not because of the player (never been a fan). Just the message it sends

I'd rather sell a limited player to them in Lukaku than see them get a far more complete and simply better player in Morata.

And happily take £75m+ to boot for it too.

Such a big buy and they're committed to playing him no matter what, and that will be very costly to United as a team in my view.

I'd rather sell a limited player to them in Lukaku than see them get a far more complete and simply better player in Morata.

And happily take £75m+ to boot for it too.

Such a big buy and they're committed to playing him no matter what, and that will be very costly to United as a team in my view.

Let's be honest, if Lukaku stays fit he'll score goals for fun next year. His all round game isn't fantastic but that can get better.

So very true, my God, was reading Redcafe before, they had a Mino Raiola thread, all fun and games till somebody pointed out how contract talks will be going in a few years for Pogba, Mikeytaran and Lukaku, tables all over the place.

Yep, he is moving all his puppets into one big playground and rinsing them for every last penny. Then he will hold them to ransom or pull all his playthings away for fat payday elsewhere.

A disgusting, vile, leech in the 'sport'.

And that club is daft enough to stock pile them.

Honestly sorry new to the forum and dont want to come across patronising. But we did give you lots of players over the years.

Regardless though, still think 75m and rooney (if we pay some of his wages) is a good deal for you guys!

You gave us aload of crap and took our best player ever.

With respect, go forth and multiply.

Let's be honest, if Lukaku stays fit he'll score goals for fun next year. His all round game isn't fantastic but that can get better.

He'll score 20+, no question, but United will barely improve their league position as a result because of the negative effect of him as a limited footballer.

Feel free to vault me - United will finish on around 72 points at best, maybe scrape top four. The reason they won't actively lose points (which I firmly believe Chelsea would have done if they signed Lukaku) is because they underperformed last season given their squad and the likes of Pogba can't be as bad again, but more importantly they already have a system that uses a 'maverick' striker in Ibrahimovic who by and large did his own thing. So of the 'big' clubs, Lukaku is suited to what United do in a way, but the irony is it'll hurt United's capability in the long term to play around him.

Exactly. We will never achieve anything at the big boy's table again if we keep selling our best players to rivals.

I have to disagree. Take the money and run, because you're selling the asset at the top of the market. Reinvest in developing players and keep the ones that pan out.

Last season's points tally suggests that this squad requires more development before switching over into "win now" mode. It's worth taking a step back now in order to set up to take multiple steps forward.

It's funny really that Lukaku stated that he wants to win the premiership and play champions league footy
They get champions league through the back door and there's not a cat in hells chance they will finish top
I think there's not much difference in quality between us and them
They are so overated
I just cannot believe the money United have spent since fergie left, something like 1/2 a billion pounds and couldn't even finish in the top 4 last season. There doesn't seem to be a clear strategy behind some of their signings, admittedly they are crying out for a goalscorer. Could Rom get them in the top 4? I've no doubt. Could him and his teammates win the title and champions league? Not a chance. It is sobering to think we've spent 90m this summer ans some of our supporters expect us to get champions league football top 4. Look what United have spent and there's not guarantee, they'll get top 4, although we won't be 15 points off CL places like last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back