Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the manager gets the money to reinvest then I'm fine with it, sign Giroud, Dembele, Rooney and Sigurdsson and I would be Ok with this transfer window.

They won 3 trophies last season. They are in the Champions league by hook or by crook. Let's be realistic. He'll probably treble his wages too.
Still in the Champions League, and have a manager he reported has a bond with.
United is a step up, albeit they are a club in transition
Exactly. We will never achieve anything at the big boy's table again if we keep selling our best players to rivals.

This all day long

By some accounts, Jose is to Lukaku as Ferguson was to Ronaldo - a kind of father figure.
Someone else pointed out, Lukaku can drive an hour east and double his wage. Why move back to Chelsea?

He'll score 20+, no question, but United will barely improve their league position as a result because of the negative effect of him as a limited footballer.

Feel free to vault me - United will finish on around 72 points at best, maybe scrape top four. The reason they won't actively lose points (which I firmly believe Chelsea would have done if they signed Lukaku) is because they underperformed last season given their squad and the likes of Pogba can't be as bad again, but more importantly they already have a system that uses a 'maverick' striker in Ibrahimovic who by and large did his own thing. So of the 'big' clubs, Lukaku is suited to what United do in a way, but the irony is it'll hurt United's capability in the long term to play around him.

I think we will finish above them.
We are building a team. Not an expensively assembled group of individuals with enormous egos.

He'll score 20+, no question, but United will barely improve their league position as a result because of the negative effect of him as a limited footballer.

Feel free to vault me - United will finish on around 72 points at best, maybe scrape top four. The reason they won't actively lose points (which I firmly believe Chelsea would have done if they signed Lukaku) is because they underperformed last season given their squad and the likes of Pogba can't be as bad again, but more importantly they already have a system that uses a 'maverick' striker in Ibrahimovic who by and large did his own thing. So of the 'big' clubs, Lukaku is suited to what United do in a way, but the irony is it'll hurt United's capability in the long term to play around him.

You could look at it and say they dropped a lot of points against the bottom half last year because of a lack of goals. That's where I can see Lukaku filling his boots. Give him chances against the dross and he'll slot.

I think they could probably 'carry' Lukaku during his really grim outings if the rest of their players are at it. Unfortunately for them I think Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Martial etc can be equally inconsistent.

I think we will finish above them.
We are building a team. Not an expensively assembled group of individuals with enormous egos.

Living in a dream world there. They're not the finished product by any means but they outshine us across the park- just like the other top teams.

Yes, we're strengthening but you do need that real star quality to create the defining moments in games. We don't have that and the other teams do.

Just dont get why you are all so salty about this. 75m is more than fair and were giving you a player for free in return as well as paying his wages?

And everyone moaning about Morgan he was a prem proven midfielder who just joined us for near 25m the summer before. The price you got him for was more than fair too.

By some accounts, Jose is to Lukaku as Ferguson was to Ronaldo - a kind of father figure.
Someone else pointed out, Lukaku can drive an hour east and double his wage. Why move back to Chelsea?
he probably lives in Manchester / Manchester Area anyway

As much as i'll miss his undoubted finishing ability, i certainly won't miss the way he 'missjudges' every high ball that comes his way to the point where he's not in position to even challenge for it. Unless it's a goalscoring chance that is, suddenly he's very adequate at heading the ball then

I can't see Lukaku and Pogba's friendship lasting when his through balls are richocheting off Lukaku's shins for goal kicks.

But I suppose that's none of my business.

Hahahaha, his 'old man' blew him out, what absolute tripe that is, he never even worked with him barring about a month of pre season before he sold him. Clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back