Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Agree Fee With Man Utd For Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
So very true, my God, was reading Redcafe before, they had a Mino Raiola thread, all fun and games till somebody pointed out how contract talks will be going in a few years for Pogba, Mikeytaran and Lukaku, tables all over the place.

Interesting dynamic that United have absolutely pissed all over their relationship with Mendez thus window.

Living in a dream world there. They're not the finished product by any means but they outshine us across the park- just like the other top teams.

Yes, we're strengthening but you do need that real star quality to create the defining moments in games. We don't have that and the other teams do.

Sandro and Klassen are total unknowns.
They could be our Mahrez and Kante.

If I didn't believe we could win the league again I would pack in watching football.

We came out of nowhere in 84.

It can be done when every player gives their all. We have people at the club now who demand those qualities and will not settle for just our history.

It might happen quickly, it might take time.
But we will be back where we be long soon enough.

You could look at it and say they dropped a lot of points against the bottom half last year because of a lack of goals. That's where I can see Lukaku filling his boots. Give him chances against the dross and he'll slot.

I think they could probably 'carry' Lukaku during his really grim outings if the rest of their players are at it. Unfortunately for them I think Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Martial etc can be equally inconsistent.

Ibrahimovic scored 17 in 28. A similar conversion rate than Lukaku who got 25 in 37.

But this is telling - look at this from Ian Wright and tell me whether it sounds quite familiar...

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/arsenal-legend-wright-ibrahimovic-a-man-utd-liability-4153609

Yes, a striker in there and raved about while he scores goals, but when they dry up, it's clear the impact he's having on the actual team, no matter who good you are at other elements of the game.

The game really has moved on. A striker does have to offer more than goals. My view is that United are spending massive money and not trading up on an older player they got for nothing.

Looks pretty much done if Kristof is saying a medical arranged - come on Chelsea, don't let Mourinho beat you to the player you wanted!

Was talking to Mackthenack on the phone yesterday, I told him my hunch was that Lukaku wont return from LA and will just join Utd straight from there, first thing ive ever called right and the only proof is 1 mans word.

Heartbroken here, I could have been ITK!!

By some accounts, Jose is to Lukaku as Ferguson was to Ronaldo - a kind of father figure.
Someone else pointed out, Lukaku can drive an hour east and double his wage. Why move back to Chelsea?

Because he's basically been begging Chelsea to come and sign him for the last few years.

How long did he spend under Mourinho? Couple of months at best. Ferguson done a lot for ronaldo and his family, when ronaldo's dad died. Rom and Mourinho had no where near that relationship. He's disrespected everyone involved at Everton to get his dream move to Chelsea, then turns around and signs for united. If he signs for united after all the lovin' he's shown to Chelsea, in the last few years. It sums up the mentality he has.

I'd rather sell a limited player to them in Lukaku than see them get a far more complete and simply better player in Morata.

And happily take £75m+ to boot for it too.

Such a big buy and they're committed to playing him no matter what, and that will be very costly to United as a team in my view.

Lukaku up against the juve defence in a CL knockout game, that will be amusing.

I'd rather sell a limited player to them in Lukaku than see them get a far more complete and simply better player in Morata.

And happily take £75m+ to boot for it too.

Such a big buy and they're committed to playing him no matter what, and that will be very costly to United as a team in my view.

Lukaku up against the juve defence in a CL knockout game, that will be amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back