Everton Boost Commercial Team With Three Appointments

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Everton have announced the appointment of three senior personnel as they continue to boost their commercial team to increase its market share and expand in to new territories.

Alan McTavish, Sam Lucas and Matt Roche have all been appointed into senior roles in the expanding commercial operation, with responsibilities including commercial partnership acquisition, management of new and existing relationships with club partners and strategic planning for sales of hospitality opportunities and season ticket campaigns.

Alan has been appointed as Head of Commercial Partnerships with a primary responsibility to enhance Everton’s commercial profile and influence as well as to help implement the club’s commercial partnership acquisition strategy.

Alan joins Everton from Watford Football Club where he held the role of Commercial Director. His previous experience is vast and varied having held roles at Rangers Football Club, Michael Page International, TAG Heuer and Wella.

“The Premier League is an extremely competitive arena, not only on the field but also in terms of trying to attract and secure new partners, and Everton is one of the UK’s most successful football clubs with all the key ingredients required for commercial success,” Alan said.

“I’m excited at the challenge ahead and the opportunities in front of us and I’m keen to make my contribution to developing the Club’s commercial revenues while respecting its heritage and values.”

Sam has joined the club from The FA as Head of Partnerships. He was the Senior Partnerships Manager at The FA and previously worked alongside brands such as Budweiser during their sponsorship of the FA Cup and Nike, Vauxhall and Mars during their partnerships with the England team.

Prior to working at The FA, Sam spent five years at Umbro, Everton’s kit supplier for the past two seasons. Sam’s role at Everton will involve him overseeing existing club relationships with principal partner, Chang, Umbro and other partners as well as helping them to maximise the value of their commercial involvement with the club.

“Everton is unique in that it’s a huge Club with a dedicated and loyal fanbase not only locally but nationally and internationally,” Sam said.

“The Premier League’s popularity and the international players we have in our squad show the potential of the club worldwide and I’m really looking forward to playing a part in the club’s future development.”

Taking up a newly-created position, Matt joins the club as Head of Matchday Revenues. He will be responsible for overseeing the processes of all direct Everton customer transactions including hospitality, food and beverage, matchday programmes/publications and retail.

In addition, Matt’s role will include working with other members of the commercial team to devise and implement a strategic and profitable approach to the sales of hospitality opportunities and season ticket campaigns.

Matt brings a wealth of commercial experience to Everton having previously held roles at Serco and Bank of America as well as local employer, Merseyrail.

“I was impressed by the strategic vision of the Senior Management Team and its commitment to taking a long-term approach to achieving its objectives,” Matt added.

“Everton has a loyal and dedicated fanbase and going to the game is important to them. In my new role I look forward to working alongside Club staff and the fans to help improve their matchday experience.”

The club will be further expanding its commercial operations, with more appointments to be made shortly.

Source: http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/ar...boost+commercial+team+with+three+appointments

Good luck to them.

Aye, wish them all the best in their respective roles.
Despite what some think, there have been some quality personnel in the Commercial Depts in recent years who have moved on for whatever reasons, so these and the expected other additions may/will need to hit the ground running in order to maintain and then grow the Everton brand in the marketplace.
Onward and upward, both on and off the field !!

Expand what marketplace we don't even own our own merchandising outlets how can u expand something with such a poor foundation?

I'm telling u now the only way to expand globally is win stuff cups etc so why not try investing in the team and get things moving there

Expand what marketplace we don't even own our own merchandising outlets how can u expand something with such a poor foundation?

I'm telling u now the only way to expand globally is win stuff cups etc so why not try investing in the team and get things moving there

Yeah, should use the massive nearly probably £100k to buy us someone who will win us the cup

three-stooges.jpg

Good luck to our new commercial department.

So Matt's new job with us, is to attract more revenue for something we have tendered out - to a company he used to work for?
I'm confused?

So two of them are looking to get commercial partnerships tied up and the other is looking at matchday revenue.

How do we envisage they can be a success that makes any difference?

i think most of us accept they probably won't be a success.

They cant do anything significant that will be a game changer. That's not possible. But if they stop harebrained schemes like Kitbag being repeated that at least would be a step forward.

I do have to smile though at the nonsense that goes with these appointments. I remember all the hoo ha over Wyness and his British Airways/Olympic Games credentials. A man who went on to cost the club half a million by ordering more stuff than could be sold.

We mustn't forget also Robert Earl who was apparently bringing in his huge commercial expertise and placing it at the disposal of Everton FC.

Mr Earl currently sells butties luxurious sandwiches in the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.