Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not often you see a game literally end someone’s career but that night in Kiev did it to Alcaraz.

I thought Phil Neville's in that FA Cup match against Wigan was more dramatic. 3-0 down at half time, hooked off in the secrecy of the dressing room never to be seen on the Goodison pitch again until he was waving us goodbye after the last match of the season.

Anyway, Brands....Great fella.

That team would absolutely destroy that one from the Lyon game.

Just found something that can outdo both.

DB1573A1-2D05-449B-BD9D-2F26FAC4E53A.webp

...just a mention that the new signings look terrific. The Summer was a successful window because Brands acquired the players he wanted to sign but the real test was how those players peform.

Zouma, Gomes, Mina, Digne and Bernard look fine additions. I know @davek was particularly critical of signing ‘injured players’ but I think it was only Gomes that came with a knock and i’m so glad Brands didn’t send him back.

...just a mention that the new signings look terrific. The Summer was a successful window because Brands acquired the players he wanted to sign but the real test was how those players peform.

Zouma, Gomes, Mina, Digne and Bernard look fine additions. I know @davek was particularly critical of signing ‘injured players’ but I think it was only Gomes that came with a knock and i’m so glad Brands didn’t send him back.
I still have reservations about Bernard and Zouma. And Richarlison wasn't his call, as you underline by leaving him out of that list.

My concerns were/are more about outgoings, though. By loaning so many out rather than getting them sold he's stored up a problem for next summer.

I still have reservations about Bernard and Zouma. And Richarlison wasn't his call, as you underline by leaving him out of that list.

My concerns were/are more about outgoings, though. By loaning so many out rather than getting them sold he's stored up a problem for next summer.

You reckon Marco went rogue and signed him behind Brands back?

Why do you have reservations of Zouma? Done well every time he has played. As for Bernard we paid nothing for him so we can't complain with that.

He signed him previously. It's not that difficult to figure out where the impetus came from to sign him for us.

No doubt the impetus came from Marco, but you said Richarlison wasn’t Brands call, and as DoF - I reckon his call is the one that counts.

Good to see that your doubts on his signings are getting fewer and fewer. Wasnt that long ago that Mina and Gomes were on your hit list too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back