Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell. The cult of Brands is still alive and strong.

Let's see how jug head gets on selling those loan players in the summer and sorting us a striker out this January...which was his duty to do last summer, btw.

No one bit Dave.

Must try harder or maybe try a more hard line approach ?

Something like - " get out of my club you Dutch fraud " should do the trick.

Agree with Dave here tbh.

Brands still has much to prove, I credit Silva with more then a significant input into our signings, fair play to getting them over the line, I suppose. But almost to a man they all said they decided to sign after speaking to Silva, then there are very clear links to Silva or shared history.

Still much to prove IMHO, hopefully he does that.

Brands still has much to prove, I credit Silva with more then a significant input into our signings, fair play to getting them over the line, I suppose. But almost to a man they all said they decided to sign after speaking to Silva, then there are very clear links to Silva or shared history.

It would be bizarre if he didnt still have everything to prove after 6 months in the job

I'm not convinced he's going to break back into the CD.

You may well be right (on this occasion!), and if you are it can only be a good thing as it’ll mean the Keane/Mina thing is working! Keep our fingers crossed for another clean sheet over “there” next week!

Isn't this the typical evertonian attitude?

We sign a boss director of football and first summer on the job signs loads of boss players who instantly improve us.

Queue the 'well I think it was Silva not the man who's job it is to do that'

It's quite funny really.

So theres not much value in them then.
Take the hit on most of them , recoupe with the likes of Vlasic.
Either way the main thing was to get rid of the deadwood....and they done that.
Very happy with our Summer dealings.
We cant operate like that. We aren't City. We still need value for money. I thought that was why he was brought in - to get back to that.

We cant operate like that. We aren't City. We still need value for money. I thought that was why he was brought in - to get back to that.
You are probably right about what he was brought in for. But I dont think we will see that until the faults of the previous incumbents are sorted.
No quick fix this but he's done wonders shipping out the deadwood ( far quicker than we ever imagined btw)
He has been top draw up to now.

You are probably right about what he was brought in for. But I dont think we will see that until the faults of the previous incumbents are sorted.
No quick fix this but he's done wonders shipping out the deadwood ( far quicker than we ever imagined btw)
He has been top draw up to now.
Far from a thorough job. Too many loaned and losing value elsewhere.

That was not a good window from that respect, regardless of what came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back