Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dont think Bernard looks great value. He looks hit and miss. Zouma - I rate higher than Jagielka, but not much more. Mina we just dont know. Gomes - yes. Digne - yes. Richarlison (hardly scouted by Brands) - yes.

For the most part on outgoings he hired a skip and threw them out. That's not very hard to do.

I have no idea why some people are prepared to go to war for some feller who's paid to do a job of hiring and firing and has (for me) just about on balance proved his worth so far.

Sorry I cant genuflect to the great God Marcel, but there we have it.
Zouma not much higher than jagielka, ok Dave you reckon our defence would have been similar with jags playing instead I take it?

As for Richarlison, hardly scouted by brands as you say, is that why long before he took the Everton dof job it was already on record that he'd tried to sign him at PSV but couldn't match the fee Watford paid?

As for Bernard, hit and miss maybe, most of the best football moves we put together involve him though, so I'd take that as a positive sign mate.

As for Mina, played two games, two clean sheets, early days, but I'd say a decent start,

By all means don't worship the bloke Dave, but constantly doing the devil's advocate act wears thin and must be tiring mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back