Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
He actually appears to have a plan and looks to know what he's doing, totally unlike the previous incumbent!!!
And remember Moshiri wanted him as soon as he bought his shares but he wouldn't come and chose to honour his contract at PSV, he then had to settle for Walsh who at the time was worth a punt after the signings he made at Leicester to win the title.

Zouma not much higher than jagielka, ok Dave you reckon our defence would have been similar with jags playing instead I take it?

As for Richarlison, hardly scouted by brands as you say, is that why long before he took the Everton dof job it was already on record that he'd tried to sign him at PSV but couldn't match the fee Watford paid?

As for Bernard, hit and miss maybe, most of the best football moves we put together involve him though, so I'd take that as a positive sign mate.

As for Mina, played two games, two clean sheets, early days, but I'd say a decent start,

By all means don't worship the bloke Dave, but constantly doing the devil's advocate act wears thin and must be tiring mate.
All of that (apart from Brands scouting Richarlison for PSV) is what I've said: all too early to call on the incomings apart from Richarlison and Digne.

Buying two players we wont see before Christmas. I;d sack him just for that.
I wish he was Director of Fitness, he might have thought the better of buying two sick notes.
Maybe.

Bt the assessment has to be a rolling one. I said above that if Mina and Gomes get on the pitch and prove they are the players who can make a difference then I'd state that Brands had a good summer.
If the object of the exercise is to strengthen the quality of the squad each window then I'm not sure too many will see an obvious leap forward from last season to this.

...I expect you now accept Brands had a good summer?

...I expect you now accept Brands had a good summer?

Eggs we’ve now danced on the head of a pin to why hasn’t he sold players , keep up.

The signing of players isn't the issue - apart from the delay in getting many on the pitch. The outgoings, it seems at the moment, are his weakness.

Told you

Despite as you quoted the below ,which directly relates to what you asked

Maybe.

Bt the assessment has to be a rolling one. I said above that if Mina and Gomes get on the pitch and prove they are the players who can make a difference then I'd state that Brands had a good summer.

The signing of players isn't the issue - apart from the delay in getting many on the pitch. The outgoings, it seems at the moment, are his weakness.
He has been here 6 months got rid of some of the deadwood and no doubt has a plan for the rest of it. These things take time but why do you have to constantly whinge? The guy has done a smashing job since walking through the door and in my mind will continue to do so.

The football we are playing right now is better then it has been for a long time and the players we have bought in whether on loan or long term deals are an upgrade on what we had for those positions. Yes we need a striker granted you have got that one right but ridiculing what he has achieved already is a bit premature.

I think you purposely come out with this crap to see who will jump on board with it. To me it’s just attention seeking which to be honest is a bit sad

He has been here 6 months got rid of some of the deadwood and no doubt has a plan for the rest of it. These things take time but why do you have to constantly whinge? The guy has done a smashing job since walking through the door and in my mind will continue to do so.

The football we are playing right now is better then it has been for a long time and the players we have bought in whether on loan or long term deals are an upgrade on what we had for those positions. Yes we need a striker granted you have got that one right but ridiculing what he has achieved already is a bit premature.

I think you purposely come out with this crap to see who will jump on board with it. To me it’s just attention seeking which to be honest is a bit sad
He hasn't got rid of deadwood though has he? He's loaned them out.

And the style of football we now play is down to Silva, not Brands.

The cult of the individual is ridiculous. Stop worshipping false Gods.

He hasn't got rid of deadwood though has he? He's loaned them out.

And the style of football we now play is down to Silva, not Brands.

The cult of the individual is ridiculous. Stop worshipping false Gods.
Williams won’t be back which is a good start. Martina seems to be doing well at stoke so they will probably want him. He got rid of klaassen and there will be many more on their way out.

I’m not worshipping him I’m recognising the job that he is doing. An the style of football may be down to silva but who is the person that delivered the players he wanted? Brands did, an at very good prices for the players we bought.

If everyone followed your way of thinking we wouldn’t have any fans because they would of stopped supporting the club because it’s poison

Williams won’t be back which is a good start. Martina seems to be doing well at stoke so they will probably want him. He got rid of klaassen and there will be many more on their way out.

I’m not worshipping him I’m recognising the job that he is doing. An the style of football may be down to silva but who is the person that delivered the players he wanted? Brands did, an at very good prices for the players we bought.

If everyone followed your way of thinking we wouldn’t have any fans because they would of stopped supporting the club because it’s poison
If more fans thought critically like me and not like you we might not have gone 23 years without a trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back