Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need for words...

super-Marcel.jpg

We cant operate like that. We aren't City. We still need value for money. I thought that was why he was brought in - to get back to that.

Dave your talking codswallop mate - every signing is already looking very much great value, all have worked out, he's gotten out of the club klassen on a permanent deal and recouped a decent chunk what we paid, gotten shut on loan of players who frankly are on massive wages such as Sandro, bolasie, etc, which at least mitigates the damage from Walsh and koeman.

You seem to have a issue he didn't sign a striker, ignoring he brought in almost an entire new defense which was needed, added creativity to the side and pace we haven't had in donkeys years,

There is no denying the quality of the players that have been added and it's transformed our play, not one dud amongst any of them.

And that's just one window, him and Silva look like a superb match so far.

The way we are playing very good chance Gomez will want to stay and be part of it and look to move from Barca.

Dave your talking codswallop mate - every signing is already looking very much great value, all have worked out, he's gotten out of the club klassen on a permanent deal and recouped a decent chunk what we paid, gotten shut on loan of players who frankly are on massive wages such as Sandro, bolasie, etc, which at least mitigates the damage from Walsh and koeman.

You seem to have a issue he didn't sign a striker, ignoring he brought in almost an entire new defense which was needed, added creativity to the side and pace we haven't had in donkeys years,
Davek would find issue locked in a padded room on his own. I think I’ve only ever seen a couple of comments where he was actually positive better to just ignore him.

Brands has absolutely smashed it. We will get the striker and hopefully at least one of Zouma and Gomes in. It would be some turn around especially if we did the unthinkable and got top 4 in his first season working with silva. Would be happy with top 6 as that is massive improvement from the last few years. If we got top 4 though Davek would still find massive issues with it it’s just SAD

Sensational start.

Slightly concerned that just to keep the squad together (sign Gomes and Zouma) we'll probably have to spend somewhere between 70 and 90 million, like.

Far from a thorough job. Too many loaned and losing value elsewhere.

That was not a good window from that respect, regardless of what came in.
Come on Dave it was an excellent window, the way we are playing and the whole vibe around us at the moment there is a very good chance Zouma and Gomez will want to stay and be part of the revolution.

Cheer up FFS, it's all gravy, what a side we are to watch this season.

I dont think Bernard looks great value. He looks hit and miss. Zouma - I rate higher than Jagielka, but not much more. Mina we just dont know. Gomes - yes. Digne - yes. Richarlison (hardly scouted by Brands) - yes.

For the most part on outgoings he hired a skip and threw them out. That's not very hard to do.

I have no idea why some people are prepared to go to war for some feller who's paid to do a job of hiring and firing and has (for me) just about on balance proved his worth so far.

Sorry I cant genuflect to the great God Marcel, but there we have it.

Come on Dave it was an excellent window, the way we are playing and the whole vibe around us at the moment there is a very good chance Zouma and Gomez will want to stay and be part of the revolution.

Cheer up FFS, it's all gravy, what a side we are to watch this season.
I dont need cheering up. I just refuse to accept all the sycophantic drivel about a feller just doing what he's paid for moderately well.

I dont need cheering up. I just refuse to accept all the sycophantic drivel about a feller just doing what he's paid for moderately well.
He gave us the best summer window since we were boss in the 80's, and he didn't have long to do it either, I am very impressed, just think what he'll be able to do with a season to look at the team and prepare our next targets.

I dont think Bernard looks great value. He looks hit and miss. Zouma - I rate higher than Jagielka, but not much more. Mina we just dont know. Gomes - yes. Digne - yes. Richarlison (hardly scouted by Brands) - yes.

For the most part on outgoings he hired a skip and threw them out. That's not very hard to do.

I have no idea why some people are prepared to go to war for some feller who's paid to do a job of hiring and firing and has (for me) just about on balance proved his worth so far.

Sorry I cant genuflect to the great God Marcel, but there we have it.
Bernard was free, if it doesn’t work out we will sell him to the German or French league for 20mil. Zouma is way ahead of jags

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back