Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be so hard to hate Baines. He's been nothing but a model pro since he joined us. It's not even like he needs to move to United to cement his place in the England team... Cole is on his way out and it's a matter of time before Baines takes over the mantle. Shame he's only a few years younger like, but that's not Everton's fault.

I'm sure Baines won't push for it, but perhaps the lure of playing in the Champions League - which he clearly deserves and we cannot begrudge him that - might be too big. We'd have to understand that, and if a large enough bid came in not spit the dummy out.

Do we heck have to understand that. He's got a contract here, either we're offered what we think is the correct valuation or he stays here.

Do we heck have to understand that. He's got a contract here, either we're offered what we think is the correct valuation or he stays here.
I hate all this crap about how we should let players play CL football, Baines is key to our team, do Liverpool care about denying Suarez Champion League football? we cant expect Martinez to do a good job when we sell our two best players. Baines is our most important player. The club comes first, not what best for Baines.

It'll be so hard to hate Baines. He's been nothing but a model pro since he joined us. It's not even like he needs to move to United to cement his place in the England team... Cole is on his way out and it's a matter of time before Baines takes over the mantle. Shame he's only a few years younger like, but that's not Everton's fault.

No, you couldn't hate Baines, ever.

All you say about him is true and if he does leave, I will appluad him when he returns to Goodison.

Fellaini, though.....I have been right off him since the Wigan game and I won't mourn his departure.

For the right price, of course.

If we do sell them, we should set a deadline of something like next Monday.... to give us adequate time to find replacements. I realise this is wishful thinking and the deal will probably 2/3 days before the window closes

...I suspect RM said it all in his interview over the weekend. He wont keep players who want to leave and was very nervous about the transfer window still being open. He was clearly expecting and fearing a bid and I do suspect both players will want to 'talk with United'. Being realistic, its the beginning of the end but what the club needs to do is ensure it receives the players true worth. Moyes clearly knows the hand that Bill has and waited until Fellaini's clause ran out to make a derisory offer but we need to be strong.

Of course.
But if he is sold for 20m and he told the manager he fancies the move as it's to the biggest club on the planet and he'll be winning loads of trophies, well there's not really much we could say about that.

Take the money and move on. Would be gutting, but it's the way it is.

Hope he stays like.

...I suspect RM said it all in his interview over the weekend. He wont keep players who want to leave and was very nervous about the transfer window still being open. He was clearly expecting and fearing a bid and I do suspect both players will want to 'talk with United'. Being realistic, its the beginning of the end but what the club needs to do is ensure it receives the players true worth. Moyes clearly knows the hand that Bill has and waited until Fellaini's clause ran out to make a derisory offer but we need to be strong.
This is the main point, Man u have totally took the piss out of the club with this bid, they want them cheap and now hope the players force the club into selling them for less then what we value them at. We made Man city pay through the nose for Lescott, the same must be done here.

Of course.
But if he is sold for 20m and he told the manager he fancies the move as it's to the biggest club on the planet and he'll be winning loads of trophies, well there's not really much we could say about that.

Take the money and move on. Would be gutting, but it's the way it is.

Hope he stays like.

20 million would be accepted mate, but they have made a bid of 12 million for him. That is an insult so Baines will have to do without CL football if Man u wont pay the fee we want.

I wonder if Kenwright still thinks the sun shines out of Moyes backside? He has insulted the club (his former employees) with firstly how he engineered the move to united and secondly now these insulting bids.

Reading the Moyes interview last week where he obviously avoided mention of everton and emphasised Utd as big club makes me think the love in is well and truly over. He is entitled to do his best for MUFC now of course but I think he has also got one eye on ensuring we go down a bit to preserve his legend here. Hurts me to say it because I was never anti Moyes. I think even BK must have woken up and smelled the coffee when he realised how long DM had been tapped up by Utd and never let on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back