Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think 41 million for both is a fair price however I don't think we will get rid of Baines . There seems to be nobody really interested in Baines and I think united are using this Baines bid to start neigotions with Fellaini . One things for sure and that's we won't sell Fellaini for less than the clause . I feel Fellaini days are numbered and if arsenal start to use so money and panic buy then hopefully there's a bidding war with united . If moyes doesn't spend much then I can see him coming in for in January which could suit us if we are in a good position in the league by the time January comes as we know what areas to strengthen

My main worry is that, if another bid of around £35 comes in for both pf them, this board won't have the balls to tell Utd (and the players) that they're not for sale.

My main worry is that, if another bid of around £35 comes in for both pf them, this board won't have the balls to tell Utd (and the players) that they're not for sale.

Well if they bid 35, that means they are putting a value on Fellaini of say 23m, which was his buy out clause. That still means they would only still be bidding 12m for Baines, which has now been rejected twice!

It will be around 40m, or they won't both be going.

If memory serves me correct Fellaini cost us £15 million, a young raw recruit with no premiership experience,how is he now only worth £16 million ?
This will escalate into a bidding war with Arsenal,City,Chelsea,perhaps even Spurs willing to sign him.
The final 2 weeks of the transfer window are going to be very interesting.

I would hope that the boards ire and anger at the derisory bid is such that they'll either not entertain another bid from United, or squeeze out every single last million pound that we can

So £28 Million + £1 then

Doubt it, none of Bale, Suarez or Rooney have done that yet, agents will advise against it. Dont want to lose their 'loyalty' bonus.

Crucially those 3 have all shown its very easy to make your feelings clear without having to hand in a transfer request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back