Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.

They're now falling into line with SSN in saying that we paid £17.5m for Fellaini with add-ons. So, adjusting for inflation, they'd have to offer close to £19m just for us to get back the money we paid on a 20 year old.

I make him the joint fourth-highest goalscoring midfielder last year behind Bale, Lampard and Cazorla and he provided 6 assists, which was 1 more than Baines!

so moyes rates felli as £1m better than when he originally bought him, he'll also know about the liege sell on fee clause, is he really thick enough to think we'll accept a loss on fellaini?

such a stupid [Poor language removed], and yes, he obviously has a major say in the fee, it's how he operates as a manager.

so moyes rates felli as £1m better than when he originally bought him, he'll also know about the liege sell on fee clause, is he really thick enough to think we'll accept a loss on fellaini?

such a stupid [Poor language removed], and yes, he obviously has a major say in the fee, it's how he operates as a manager.

The offer was made late last week by United's executive vice-president Ed Woodward but sanctioned by Moyes, leaving Everton's chairman, Bill Kenwright, furious at the valuation and its potential disruption to Roberto Martínez's debut season at Goodison Park.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/19/everton-marouane-fellaini-manchester-united

The Guardian seem fairly certain that's the case as well mate.

As do most sound minded people to be fair. A complete lack of respect from a self-centred arsehole.

We shouldn't be looking to sell anybody this close to the end of the window.

Fellaini and his agent agreed to the buyout fee and nobody met it. He can hardly have a cob on with Everton for that.

Baines I think will understand why he's valued so highly and will have seen far inferior players than himself go for bigger fees than what we've been offered.

Just because Man Utd come in and offer CL football Everton don't owe the player a move. It's their job to get our club moving in that direction, and, slowly but surely we are.

Everybody knows the closer you get to the window closing the higher the price goes. Man Utd haven't handled this window well at all and Moyes will be feeling the scrutiny keenly, as will the new chief up there.

It's likely for us that we don't actually have to sell and in a WC year we could easily be looking at bigger fee's for both players next summer if we're talking about grabbing.

showing his true colours now, he always knew he'd be at utd and was just biding his time. absolute joke of an offer. someone needs to lend him a copy of that Simon pegg film 'how to lose friends and alienate people'

Absolutely laughable bid. If they want the players then they can bid a respectable amount for them and bid for them individually, none of this joint bid nonsense.

If Baines has any sense, he should have a word with his good friend Stevie P. left for CL football and spent most of the time on the bench. Too much of a risk so close to a World Cup.

Felli on the other hand, I would take £25m+ as unfortunately he only seems interested against the sky 4...

If Baines has any sense, he should have a word with his good friend Stevie P. left for CL football and spent most of the time on the bench. Too much of a risk so close to a World Cup.

Felli on the other hand, I would take £25m+ as unfortunately he only seems interested against the sky 4...

Baffles me how people come to that opinion. He covers so much ground pretty much every game and has been our talisman in countless games.

I can only explain as people being resigned to losing him and trying to soften the blow.

Who is the sky 4 these days?

I think thats pony BTW.

I'm struggling to get excited by a potential midfield pairing of Gibson and McCarthy, i have to be honest.

It wouldn't be - it'd be Gibson, McCarthy and Barkley.

That'd mean great distribution from Gibson, industry from McCarthy, inventiveness and drive from Barkley and the solid platform for Mirallas/Coleman and Pienaar/Baines to kick on from.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer Fellaini to McCarthy, but it'd be far from disastrous as a midfield setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back