Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manager will look like a soft [Poor language removed] if they do. Over to you Bill....

Nah even he won't do it, impossible.

I think, annoyingly, Kenwright will end up selling for £24m (or £23m at the VERY minimum) but definitely not under that - as you say it'd thoroughly undermine Martinez.

The only alternative (and this is sadly plausible) will be United offering around £17m "with addons" claiming it'll all add up to £25m depending on United winning the Champions League eight times on the bounce etc. a la Rooney.

If the club sell Fellaini and say it's "undisclosed" then I'm organising the protests myself.

It's become a matter of principle now. Read this drivel:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...gain-after-Uniteds-initial-28m-bid-fails.html

I'm sick of it - you'd swear we were no-marks from League One the way everyone is acting.

We have NO need to sell either player this close to the window - both are under contract and the valuations being bandied around are utterly pathetic. We should tell them to do one and the matter is closed and we should say so publicly.

Yes, every player has a price, but the dignity of the club is priceless. Do one Mancs.

Well said lad. Everton really need to get a few more savvy people in the media.

By the way, if anything, Baines might push for a move more than Fellaini for the following reasons:

The season after this, he will be 30, so it’s now or never if he wants to play in the CL, while Fellaini knows very well that he will play CL in the near future, either with Everton if we qualify or when he eventually leaves (next summer we will be forced to sell him because 2 years will remain on his contract)

Fellaini’s place in Belgium’s starting eleven is guaranteed, if anything him staying here is better option than moving to United and not settling in well or not becoming first team regular and losing his place in the national team, while Baines might think that playing for United and CL gives him more chance to replace Cole over playing for Everton
I thought he had already replaced Cashley in the England team.

It was pretty bad when Everton lost millions because no one printed off Dan Gosling's contract.

The £50m price tag Kenwright slapped on Wayne Rooney's head didn't last long either.
Millions on Dan Gosling ? The reason Everton never renewed his contract was due to his injuries the same injuries which have kept him on the treatment table at Newcastle.
Saved the club a fortune in wages.
Millions, yeah right.

Millions on Dan Gosling ? The reason Everton never renewed his contract was due to his injuries the same injuries which have kept him on the treatment table at Newcastle.
Millions, yeah right.

Haha, we were fuming with him at the time, the club that is.

We made a balls up, all we had to do was offer him a contract and we would have been entitled a compensation fee.

Millions, yeah right.

I disagree we would have received a fee for Gosling had the inept board been on top of the contracts situation, he was valued at 2 million when he left.

just tell United to **** off. I see them as a rival, they are a bad RVP injury away from being average.

Plus, this is personal now

From the official site;

"Roberto Martinez has branded Manchester United's approach for two Everton players 'a waste of time'.

The Spaniard's comments came 24 hours after the Club released a statement explaining a double bid from the reigning Premier League champions had been rejected.

"It's been well documented what happened with the transfer speculation, that's been dealt with and it was all a little bit of a waste of time - time I don't want the players to waste," Martinez said in an exclusive interview with evertontv.

"I think the situation is very clear. I think as a football club we will always keep our fans informed. I'm not a big believer in having the window open while the games are starting. I think the start of the season was important for us at Norwich and I won't come out now and carry on talking about the speculation."

just tell United to **** off. I see them as a rival, they are a bad RVP injury away from being average.

Totally agree with this. If the players aren't agitating for a move (which they don't appear to be) then don't sell them. United could easily slide to 3rd or 4th this season, maybe even 5th if Moyes makes a mess of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back