Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the official site;

"Roberto Martinez has branded Manchester United's approach for two Everton players 'a waste of time'.

The Spaniard's comments came 24 hours after the Club released a statement explaining a double bid from the reigning Premier League champions had been rejected.

"It's been well documented what happened with the transfer speculation, that's been dealt with and it was all a little bit of a waste of time - time I don't want the players to waste," Martinez said in an exclusive interview with evertontv.

"I think the situation is very clear. I think as a football club we will always keep our fans informed. I'm not a big believer in having the window open while the games are starting. I think the start of the season was important for us at Norwich and I won't come out now and carry on talking about the speculation."

He said something else along these lines that make me suspect very much that our business is finished for the summer.

Can't remember what the exact phrase was and can't be arsed looking for it. It was from the same interview though.

I think to a man we all agree with that message to Man U and our EX. BUt they will just not go away, our Ex is under pressure because there have been no signings and so he comes to raid Everton. Why not raid Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea for players.

Even 35 mill is not enough we should be asking for a min of 45/50 mill for both. Banies maybe in hi slate twenties but he can go on into his 30s, ho old is Evra? FO united.

...some are making a fair point, if our neighbours faced a bid from Utd they would say they can't sell to a rival yet we are a better side than them.

im sick of this notion that we are good relations.. or basically their 'little' brother. Which Moyes helped to create.

I despise United, they are our 2nd biggest rival. This converyor belt of our best players, and their ****test players between us has to stop. It really does

im sick of this notion that we are good relations.. or basically their 'little' brother. Which Moyes helped to create.

I despise United, they are our 2nd biggest rival. This converyor belt of our best players, and their ****test players between us has to stop. It really does

i'd take chicarito though

he'd be absolutely lost in a passing team. His game is terrible outside the 6 yard box.

id take Fabregas, Modric, Oezil, ... oh thats right, they dont have thosxe players after THEIR clubs told the mancs to do one

haha yes they did, we should hold our ground too

still though, hernandez, makes our team anyday I reckon, don't care if he does fk all outside the box, would have him on the pitch to put it in the net, and he would

Millions on Dan Gosling ? The reason Everton never renewed his contract was due to his injuries the same injuries which have kept him on the treatment table at Newcastle.
Saved the club a fortune in wages.
Millions, yeah right.
You're going to have to try a bit harder than that, Mr Goebbels.

Well said comrade! This love-in with the mancs is making me fume. We're scousers , there mancs , **** them off........
Imagine baines signs for them!.............Rooney and baines both in red shirts at Goodison with the away end singing " you scouse bastards " FFS boys

If Moyes had come straight out with a bid of 25 mil+ for Fellaini and treated us with the respect us fans showed him for eleven years I'd have not been happy but I could've accepted it.

Now though, it would take a truly ridiculous offer for me to not absolute fume if he goes.

P.S. I'd fume about Baines leaving no matter what.

Well said lad, it's about time we got off our bleeding knees and remembered we are EVERTON..........

Well said comrade! This love-in with the mancs is making me fume. We're scousers , there mancs , **** them off........
Imagine baines signs for them!.............Rooney and baines both in red shirts at Goodison with the away end singing " you scouse bastards " FFS boys

Wellbeck is the only Manc in their team, which is surprising for a club that is supposed to be rekown for developing youth

Well said lad, it's about time we got off our bleeding knees and remembered we are EVERTON..........

100% agree. They condescended to us when we were no danger. Now we have gone up the ladder a bit they are taking action to halt our progress too. blatant double whammy strategy going on here. Come on BK, tell them where to get off!

ok guys we lose fellaini and baines

we have 30 mil + right

so instantly 5 mil goes to sequira the left back, that leaves us with needing to replace fellaini, many feel it will be mccarthy at wigan, personally i feel we should be ambition and try eriksen at ajax so thats what 10-15 mil there, meaning we have roughly an extra 10-15 mil to sign a striker

i think for that amount we could easily buy someone like Huntelaar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back