• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so not only are you wanting City to beat Everton (the team you support) on Saturday but you are actually going to be singing there songs against us too? sorry but i can't agree with that.

Seriously, I know what you are saying, no of course I don't want us to loose against City, but come on. Wouldn't be all bad would it?

I think the point that Ijjy is making is that we need to try against City...even a point might be important for us in the end. We are not guaranteed to beat Hull....we probably all thought we would beat Sunderland at home because they were utter gash at that point, and Palace at home and Saints away as they didn't have too much to play for.

The fact is that Hull are not definitely safe either yet on 37 points and Steve Bruce will want 40 points this season. They go to Villa (who are desperate for points also) and to Man U (who will probably beat them as they want to finish above Spurs and us if they can). That means that Hull may actually need a result against us.

Also, Steve Bruce may well rest players for the cup final but the guys that he puts in might be anxious to impress in the hope that they get a place on the bus to Wembley too.

We can't rely on the Hull game for the three points that we need to secure fifth. We ought to get them, but you never know.
We don't need to secure 5th, 6th is fine

I think the point that Ijjy is making is that we need to try against City...even a point might be important for us in the end. We are not guaranteed to beat Hull....we probably all thought we would beat Sunderland at home because they were utter gash at that point, and Palace at home and Saints away as they didn't have too much to play for.

Do I have to point out that these are exceptions and that we've actually won the vast majority of our games vs teams in the bottom half?

I agree with the need for 5th as it would be good to avoid the extra game on top of some of our players exploits in the World Cup.

It may go down to the final game in any event IMO as facing city without Barry, jags, Distin and poss Baines will be very tough.

I fancy West Ham to do Spurs and United to drop points at Soton and possibly Sunderland though so who knows.

No need to panic anyway, when was the last time we threw something away when this close! *runs

We won't leave it to the last game cos I don't think spurs and man u will win all their games, tbh. They haven't been good enough to do that all season and I don't think that will change now.

I'm, hopefully, going to Hull and I've said all season I just really want us to have something to play for. Obviously I'd prefer it if arsenal mess up and we're still within a shout for 4th but I'd quite like us to go there and have to win, I think it would make the match more fun and I think our players need to learn to deal with that kind of pressure. I also think Martinez is at his best in those situations, he's excellent at getting players to play in crunch games. This will be his first one at everton, but he did well at wigan in them.

It's just you're responding every time someone says if we can't catch arsenal I don't care if city beat us, with what about 5th and that's still in our own hands even if we lose next saturday. I think that's an important point to make.

Yep, totally agree.

I think Spurs will get no more than a point at the Spammers and United could well be held by the resurgent Mackems

No need to panic anyway, when was the last time we threw something away when this close! *runs

You mean when was the last time where we were 4th or 5th in the league with 2 to 3 games left, crumbled and missed out on europe altogether? Or you know been clear in 16th crumbled and got relegated?

Can I go for never cos I think it's never?

We won't leave it to the last game cos I don't think spurs and man u will win all their games, tbh. They haven't been good enough to do that all season and I don't think that will change now.

I'm, hopefully, going to Hull and I've said all season I just really want us to have something to play for. Obviously I'd prefer it if arsenal mess up and we're still within a shout for 4th but I'd quite like us to go there and have to win, I think it would make the match more fun and I think our players need to learn to deal with that kind of pressure. I also think Martinez is at his best in those situations, he's excellent at getting players to play in crunch games. This will be his first one at everton, but he did well at wigan in them.

It's just you're responding every time someone says if we can't catch arsenal I don't care if city beat us, with what about 5th and that's still in our own hands even if we lose next saturday. I think that's an important point to make.

I'm just a scaredy cat mate to be honest. My head automatically picks the most negative thing and won't let it go until it's impossible.

So currently finishing 7th and Martinez's (i've still not worked out how to plural his name FFS) being very Moyes like is in my head which personally I find devastating.

I hope you're right about Spurs and United messing up. I can't see it, but I do seem to be a bit negative this week (i blame Brandy from the weekend on this).

I think our performances against Saints, Sland and Palace show that the Hull game is not a foregone conclusion. Furthermore I think Spurs and Man U will win all their remaining games. So I hope we beat City. I don't want us relying on having to get something from Hull to qualify for Europe.

Reactions: Loz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back