• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but fifth gets to avoid an extra game in the summer when we will have players tired from world cup excursions. Fifth also gets us more money.
Most importantly, we finished sixth last year and after all we have done this season is it not important to beat last season's league position? Then we can truly say that we have improved.
Fair one mate but we have beaten the points total remember in king Roberto's first season only

It's what we should aim for and boy do I hope I will see it In my lifetime one day, especially with a win at anfield like arsenal did, but this season we have to be realistic, there was no world class striker and the squad simply didn't have enough depth to win on such a consistent basis, especially given we were in a transition season, just being realistic.

No I agree with you, ultimately 5th and 6th are of a muchness to us.

NSNO means nothing but the best is good enough, that's not wanting 5th over 6th, that's wanting 1st and not being happy with 2nd let alone 4th.

This season has been good because it gives me hope that we'll win something again not because I honestly get excited about the heights of 5th in the league.

True, but fifth gets to avoid an extra game in the summer when we will have players tired from world cup excursions. Fifth also gets us more money.
Most importantly, we finished sixth last year and after all we have done this season is it not important to beat last season's league position? Then we can truly say that we have improved.

Not really.

It's obvious we've improved. Who do we need to prove that too? Our trigger happy board, our fickle fans?

If people outside the club think we haven't than all the better, means we'll take them by surprise next year.

Honestly I hate lfc so f*cking much, their fans, manager, players. I luckily don't live there and still hate them, that fat prick of redmentv I just wanna [Poor language removed] on his face. I feel for what it must be like for the blues living there having to put up with them, and blues living in liverpool hoping for a city win shouldn't even be questioned, it's the right outcome to hope for. The joy it will bring me seeing kopites crying end of the season and just to know our game vs city influenced it, I would f*cking love it.

Honestly if they win the league and we finish out of the top 4 with no trophies, it's as bad as it gets whether we're in the europa or not.

If we'd won a cup or get 4th, I could just about cope. But just europa isn't enough to salve the pain.

Can totally get that and no mistake.

But I think about Everton first and then about where they are much later.

We're not getting 4th. That seems pretty obvious now.

And I want my stag do to be at a European game so I have a side reason that we have to get there!

Your optimism with that has helped a bit actually.

If we finish 7th, it won't be the fault of city doing the double over us or indeed of onyl getting 1 point out of liverpool, those are games you expect to lose. It'll be palace and sunderland and hull etc that will have done it.

That's true, but I will still visit the vaults. Plus, a point against City and, regardless of Spuds and ManU results, there's no pressure at Hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back