• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an Everton fan who is enjoying a really decent season, 7th would be an absolute disaster, not just for me, but for Martinez too.

It wouldn't.

I want to be in europe a great deal but the reason I'm enjoying this season isn't because finishing 5th or 6th is that great (we did that all the time under Moyes) it's because I see hope that there is a trophy winning team being built here.

That hope doesn't go away if we finish 7th. The style, the results have made me think that next season we can win a trophy. Where we finish this season wouldn't take that hope away from me.

And honestly, I like europe, but a season with no trophies is a season with no trophies. 5th or 7th isn't that big a difference compared to that.

I know it's very unlikely but can you imagine if Newcastle got something from Arsenal tonight?

I really, REALLY hope they do. IF we have any chance of 4th then Newcastle have to at least draw tonight. If Arsenal win then it's the Europa at best which is a tad disappointing for such an excellent effort this season.

The one thing to think about though is Lukaku. Chelsea sent him to us in the hope of gaining experience, more importantly, Derailing the other challengers. IF he wants to return to Chelsea he needs to be a one man army vs City this weekend!

I want to be in europe a great deal but the reason I'm enjoying this season isn't because finishing 5th or 6th is that great (we did that all the time under Moyes) it's because I see hope that there is a trophy winning team being built here.

That hope doesn't go away if we finish 7th.

Agreed. We go out to win. We can beat the big clubs in their own backyard. No fear. This is the next-level Martinez is taking us to.

I really, REALLY hope they do. IF we have any chance of 4th then Newcastle have to at least draw tonight. If Arsenal win then it's the Europa at best which is a tad disappointing for such an excellent effort this season.

The one thing to think about though is Lukaku. Chelsea sent him to us in the hope of gaining experience, more importantly, Derailing the other challengers. IF he wants to return to Chelsea he needs to be a one man army vs City this weekend!

A Newcastle win and we have to beat City, like. It completely changes everything. Unfortunately Newcastle look as likely as winning at Arsenal as they do on have a reasoned non delusion view on their place in english football.

Well I mean we haven't. At all.

But I do see it coming.

We beat Man U at OT. We bested Arsenal (if not beat) at Highbury. At home we've slain Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U and bested (if not beat) Liverpool. I've got a feeling we'll beat Man City too.

That's a pretty impressive, and significant, improvement over the Moyes-era. Another is how often we've scored 3 goals in any one game. All signs we're on the right track.

We beat Man U at OT. We bested Arsenal (if not beat) at Highbury. At home we've slain Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U and bested (if not beat) Liverpool. I've got a feeling we'll beat Man City too.

That's a pretty impressive, and significant, improvement over the Moyes-era. Another is how often we've scored 3 goals in any one game. All signs we're on the right track.

Well you specfically said beat big teams at their place which we haven't done.

I'm a pedant, I'm not arguing that we're not much improved this year, we really are, but I'll just rather give him credit for what he's actually done rather than something he hasn't.

We've done much better against the lower sides this year and at home vs arsenal and utd we were imperious. There's promise shown in our away form at the other 5 teams in the top 6 but we still lost 4 and drew 1 so it's not where I would focus my praise myself.

It's Manchester bloody United, haha

Anyway, it's silly to focus on this part of the debate when we both otherwise are in full agreement.

Forums, innit?

I dunno, it was great at the time, but the fact they've already lost 6 league games at home this season has took the shine off it a lot for me.

It's like beating Leeds at Elland Road the year they got relegated, is it still beating a big team when they're that bad? Not for me. You don't play a team's history you play their 11 on the pitch and Man U this year simply aren't good enough to crow over beating them, it's an expected 6 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back