Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a very good point.

My dad and my elderly uncles always told me that when they were younger, it was quite common for people to go to Goodison one week and Anfield the next.

That all finished in the late 50s, early 60s apparently when things became more polarised.

Maybe it was the Shankly influence.
Correct. I think he took the view that they had played second fiddle for so long it was not just enough for them to improve and have a turn in the sun. It was also to see us become second fiddle full stop. Think them getting promoted while we were relegated in mid fifties and then process reversed when we came back up must have been tasty too. Haven't checked but I think that is what happened. Mainly Shankley's influence IMO though.

I change my mind every 5 minutes. Really want GP to be buzzing one last time in what has been a really enjoyable season. But the thought of them winning the title makes me ill. But if I feel good at us losing and then Arsenal lose...... Noooooo!!

Right it's just gone 7AM the morning of the Man. City game.
I've had my first cup of tea for the day and am about to get ready to make the 3 hour trip up to watch the mighty Everton at home for the last time this season.
Do I want Everton to win??.......HELL YES!!
Do I want Liverpool to win the league??........HELL NO!!
I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
This game would have been a lot easier on the heart if Liverpool had played Palace first today followed by the Arsenal game allowing us to know the results of their games before we kicked off at 5.30 PM.
So I guess what will be, will be, there's little I can do about it to gain favour with the footballing Gods apart from be their to pay homage to the Boys in Blue and sing my heart out and hope, NO PRAY, that it's not a cold day in hell and they lift the League Trophy.
If only, if only, If only...........

I'm a Gooner but my hate for Liverpool knows no bounds, I would absolutely love it if Gerrard were to be solely responsible for Liverpool not winning the title.

FYI, I don't think that we will ever be usurped from the top 4 whilst Wenger remains in charge. With us, it's like being at the gym and having prescribed reps but being able to do more if you feel like it but then stopping after having completed the prescribed reps even though you could have pushed out 1 or 2 more. Our prescribed reps is 4th but we can never manage to eke out those few extra reps which lead to the attainment of the title.

Thank god today is finally here.

First up, hoping for Spurs to drop points.

And then to the main event and a whole world of conflicting emotions. This is going to be X Files levels of weirdness today.

Greetings!

Scouse Liverpool fan here. Maybe it's weird but the general opinion with my blue mates is that they want Everton to take the points against City. You can only control your own destiny and it's not unthinkable that Arsenal can drop points. I would personally love both teams in the Champions League.

I respect blues not wanting us to win the league because some of our fans are insufferable but I have no doubt that the players will try their best just like every other game. Everton have been brilliant to watch this season and if they get some points then credit to them.

If not, Liverpool won't have lost the title because Everton lost or because Gerrard slipped. They will lose because they dropped points in earlier games because they simply weren't good enough. Chelsea played very well at Anfield and we weren't anywhere near our best so we can't complain if Everton don't win. No doubt there be some conspiracys if they don't. :rolleyes:

I will miss the game as iam going to watch Hamburg v Bayern with my son a Bayern nutter. An Everton and Hamburg win will do nice enjoy the came folks .COYB:

Greetings!

Scouse Liverpool fan here. Maybe it's weird but the general opinion with my blue mates is that they want Everton to take the points against City. You can only control your own destiny and it's not unthinkable that Arsenal can drop points. I would personally love both teams in the Champions League.

I respect blues not wanting us to win the league because some of our fans are insufferable but I have no doubt that the players will try their best just like every other game. Everton have been brilliant to watch this season and if they get some points then credit to them.

If not, Liverpool won't have lost the title because Everton lost or because Gerrard slipped. They will lose because they dropped points in earlier games because they simply weren't good enough. Chelsea played very well at Anfield and we weren't anywhere near our best so we can't complain if Everton don't win. No doubt there be some conspiracys if they don't. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum mate !, nice to see a sensible Liverpool fan

Welcome to the forum mate !, nice to see a sensible Liverpool fan
Thanks mate! Most of my blue friends like talking football with me because I try to avoid the tribalism which plagues both teams.

I think I prefer talking to rival fans anyway. I got banned from RAWK because I said that Suarez was guilty of racism after the FA report came out with the reason "go back to redcafe". :(

Thanks mate! Most of my blue friends like talking football with me because I try to avoid the tribalism which plagues both teams.

I think I prefer talking to rival fans anyway. I got banned from RAWK because I said that Suarez was guilty of racism after the FA report came out with the reason "go back to redcafe". :(

Haha, it's silly RAWK isn't it mate. Welcome to the forum anyhow, it's nice to have sensible fans of other teams on.

Greetings!

I want us to win today but, as Bob says, it's better our neighbours win the league with our help, rather than without it. Besides, the romantic in me thinks it would be nice for those who lost loved ones to have something to celebrate on the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough. I don't care how dyed-in-the-blue-wool you are, you'd have to be very hard-hearted not to have that thought somewhere in the back of your mind.

Martinez: "It will be a special moment in the history of both clubs if Everton help neighbours to title".

Clueless.

This feller's really testing many blues' patience with this tripe The Mr Nice Guy routine taken too far and he's losing bucket loads of respect and support with every bit of nonsense he comes out with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back