• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez: "It will be a special moment in the history of both clubs if Everton help neighbours to title".

Clueless.

This feller's really testing many blues' patience with this tripe The Mr Nice Guy routine taken too far and he's losing bucket loads of respect and support with every bit of nonsense he comes out with.

It'll certainly be a special moment, although not in the way Martinez imagines.

Martinez: "It will be a special moment in the history of both clubs if Everton help neighbours to title".

Clueless.

This feller's really testing many blues' patience with this tripe The Mr Nice Guy routine taken too far and he's losing bucket loads of respect and support with every bit of nonsense he comes out with.
Got me laughing this,yeah I can see where you're coming from, but he can't say anything else can he ?
A repeat of the Southampton debacle is whats called for.
Martinez is quality, enough said.

It'll certainly be a special moment, although not in the way Martinez imagines.

Imagine him coaching in Spain and telling for example Betis fans it'd be great if they could hand Seville the title? He wouldn't do it, because he knows it would get him hung drawn and quartered.

I think our Roberto has been fed some dewy eyed nonsense from some divvy about the friendly Merseyside Derby....he'll be disabused of that notion the moment Liverpool get their hands on the title and they're taking the piss out him and Everton for doing so.

The feller's a diplomat. I reckon Martinez has his eyes way beyond Everton and doesn't mind the publicity and the plaudits for his nice guy approach. He's very instrumental in what he does career wise.

Thanks mate! Most of my blue friends like talking football with me because I try to avoid the tribalism which plagues both teams.

I think I prefer talking to rival fans anyway. I got banned from RAWK because I said that Suarez was guilty of racism after the FA report came out with the reason "go back to redcafe". :(

Can't believe you got banned off RAWK for having a dissenting opinion.... oh no, hang on, it's RAWK.

Got me laughing this,yeah I can see where you're coming from, but he can't say anything else can he ?
A repeat of the Southampton debacle is whats called for.
Martinez is quality, enough said.

Yes, he can. He can say he's going out to win and leave it at that.

Clueless.

At least he's expecting to win the game, you wouldn't get that from Moyes against a title challenging team.

Right. That's it then. It's in the hands of the Gods.
In 4 hours I hope to have my first beer in the Thomas Frost.
May they smile on us from above, let us win, them loose and let City win the league, my vote is cast and maybe just maybe Liverpool can self destruct in their last 2 games.
Have a good day one and all, have fun, but be safe!!

At least he's expecting to win the game, you wouldn't get that from Moyes against a title challenging team.

There's one thing I'll say about Moyes: he'd never come out with rubbish like this Martinez is coming out with. No Everton manager would in all fairness.

Joe Royle: no chance.
Colin Harvey: no chance.
Howard Kendall: no chance.

..and if Duncan Ferguson ever became Everton manager he'd cripple anyone trying to suggest it.

It's a big mistake made by Martinez. Just look after your own concerns. There is nothing to be gained by siding with a local rival over football and everything to lose. He's stored up trouble for himself here for the future.

Clueless.

He didn't really say that did he?

Please tell me he didn't.

Oh, also, I slept on it, and if Spurs or United drop points before our game, and then we go on to beat City, I'll be fuming with Everton later, absolutely fuming.

He didn't really say that did he?

Please tell me he didn't.

Unfortunately, yes.

Along with the majority, I'm a big fan of Martinez. I have to say though that it's moments like this that store up a lot of underlying resentment which can surface when things aren't going right in the future.

I personally think he's just had his Mike Walker moment that'll haunt him forever. Walker famously said a defeat to Liverpool wasn't too bad. He was battered with it when he was in trouble. And what Martinez has said is way beyond what Walker said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back