• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I woke up this morning, my opinion was that any Evertonian who is happy for us to lose at the weekend is a bell.

However, having thought about it, as we only have to beat Hull to claim 5th then I am a bit torn.

We need European football next season, Europa League is a must if we cannot get CL.

It will be great experience for our players and Bobby will get to test himself against some decent Euro opposition. Plus, the winners next year get into the CL the season after, so you never know.

Can I just ask if any of theose wanting us to beat City and ignore that lot over the park are of the younger generation and/or out-of-towners?

I'm out of town mate.

And my answer may very well be different if I lived in Liverpool.

As it would if we had 5th place already sorted.

I want us to win every game we play, regardless of who might benefit.

We need the points, Spurs are breathing right down our necks. 6th would be a massive disappointment.
It would be a disappointment I agree, but seeing them win the title would be far more than just a disappointment for me.

It's ok for those who don't live in the city, well not ok that's the wrong word, let's say it's easier to get away from it all if they win and you don't live in the city.

Just switch off your radio and tv for a while and happy days.

I have friends, and work colleagues who will ram this down my throat for YEARS. The local radio will be hell, buying a pint of milk will be hell seeing them holding the trophy on the front pages of the local papers laying on the counter, and the bus parade through the city will be tough to avoid too.

I'm sorry but that's a nightmare far far worse than the "disappointment" of finishing 6th rather than 5th!

I respect others opinions and feelings on this though, and would never tell a blue (no matter where they come from), that they are wrong for wanting the blues to win.

No, absolutely not. Can't believe some people. We don't even have 5th place wrapped up. Couldn't give a toss about who wins the league.

I can understand people pointing out that we still need sommat out of this game ergo they won't be wanting owt but a win.

But to say you don't "give a toss" who wins the league when the RS are very much in the running for it is just plain strange.

Not that daft is it?

I don't want us to lose for example.

Even if there's nothing riding on it? If Arsenal were to lose tonight fair enough but 4th is gone if they win.

And yes I realise we haven't actually qualified for Europa yet but Hull aren't going to beat us.

For me, if Arsenal win tonight I'd happily lose the City game.

Can we swap the Hull and Man City game around? No? Balls.

If the man city game has no bearing on us getting Europe.... I hope Aguero smashes one in from 40 yards in the 5th minute of extra time to win 1-0.

im not sure all i know is im going to enjoy going the local thats mainly a red pub and full of real bad everton haters, they cheer everytime another team scores against us and constantly slag us off, im going to love seeing
the tosspots supporting us, in my heart i dont really want to see everton lose, but in my head i would love us to score an own goal in stoppage time and let them cheer and laugh at that like the gobshites did on saturday.

I've grown up with it too, for years I've put up with abuse from Liverpool fans. Through school, having mates who are kopites and now at work. But over the last few years I've just learned to deal with it better.

Every time a kopite tries to wind me up, every time Suarez dives, every stupid biased newspaper article I read...it just makes me thankful that I'm NOT one of them and makes me love Everton even more.

The best answer is to just ignore them, and focus on our wonderful team, and what the next few seasons have in store for us...starting by beating City!

i'd be astounded if arsenal dont win tonight, if that happens then we wont get 4th so i'll gladly take a defeat to City at the risk of possibly losing 5th place (still deciding if I even want us to qualify for the europa league, take this years competition for example, at the semi final stage and you'd barely even know the competition was still running)
That's because no British team made it that far tbf

Even if there's nothing riding on it? If Arsenal were to lose tonight fair enough but 4th is gone if they win.

And yes I realise we haven't actually qualified for Europa yet but Hull aren't going to beat us.

For me, if Arsenal win tonight I'd happily lose the City game.

Palace weren't going to beat us mate.

Sunderland weren't going to beat us.

We're not exactly renowned (sp) for getting results when we have to are we?

Can't be doing with the risk myself.

I would take a defeat against City 100%...

For one their fans would always go on about us winning the title for them and I couldn't take it.

We will at least draw with Hull to be honest, guarantee it.

I'm sure their fans wouldn't want us winning the league and would want to lose if they were in the same situation...

I would take a defeat against City 100%...

For one their fans would always go on about to us and I couldn't take it honestly.

We will at least draw with Hull to be honest, guarantee it.

I'm sure their fans wouldn't want us winning the league and would want to lose if they were in the same situation...

In an ideal world yes. But it's Everton we're on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back