Everton fan banned from Goodison for racially abusing Ric Wee on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are backing this guy up....I think it's the right thing to do - mainly for example because people need to realise that being abusive/racist via the internet isn't acceptable (Or at all). It can't be justified because 'it's just the internet' which many people appear to think.
Is that you in the picture? Good to have those fans

I don't justify his words for even one second, what a full on blert. But to me, does he need banning for this? Can't he just be called a whopper and abused by twitter as he was and/or ignored.
He's an utter wrongun and a total meff but I just don't know if banning everything that isn't nice is really the right direction to take these kinds of things.
Again, not justifying him being a nob.

30 odd years of legacy racism our club has belaboured, thousands of miles that Ric Wee he travelled to see a game that was cancelled and he destroyed it all in a few tweets.

No mate, you defo have a strong legal case there.

Bet he's made up he's got loads of new twitter followers and gets to spend his weekend dishing out abuse.

Majority of 'Top Blues' on twitter are appalling.

What a clown this guy is! Just been reading some of his tweets. Glad he has been banned! As if he doesn't think he has done anything wrong though, is he stupid

I don't justify his words for even one second, what a full on blert. But to me, does he need banning for this? Can't he just be called a whopper and abused by twitter as he was and/or ignored.
He's an utter wrongun and a total meff but I just don't know if banning everything that isn't nice is really the right direction to take these kinds of things.

I'm assuming that he's been banned from Goodison because of his clear link to Everton and the fact his comments were undenaibly racist abuse.

It's the racist part that has prompted the ban,, not the fact it was un nice abuse.

Plenty of abusive and offensive comments get posted online by Everton fans but none of them get banned from Goodison.

Yes he does

How are people even seeing the argument as Everton 'prioritising' over local fans. Please tell me these twitter people really aren't that stupid and they don't support the same club as me? The bloke needs banning from leaving the house nevermind entering a football ground.

As I pointed out to someone defending him on Twitter....

We are thought of in a high regard in South East Asia (our mid 80's team coinciding with a lot of them starting to watch English footy on tele) and if something like the South China Post or 1 of the other papers that serves the whole region & has a circulation similar to the population of Europe has decided to run this abuse originally then thats a lot of folk looking at us in a bad light.... including of course our Main Sponsor. Can't see how the club could do anything other than what they have done, be it either before or after it breaks over there, we can't tout ourselves as a club of the people and then not act on such things.

I'd say a great many of us have used the Nonce word (not homophobic tbh as used to describe those guilty of 'sex crime') & I see it as racial what he's put and in very bad taste (flight), wonder if he's going to appeal the Ban ?

The problem is that there are many unpleasant people who support Everton just like any other club. His ban will be overturned because I'm not sure they can ban him from games unless he has said something at an Everton game. It's exactly why the FA can't punish supporters for singing racist songs outside of grounds. It would be far better just to name and shame him on the Everton website and tell everybody where he sits. Then if he makes any comments at the game they can ban him and get him arrested. There's probably people with criminal convictions who have season tickets at Goodison, you could end up sitting next to somebody who's been convicted for beating up his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.