Everton fan banned from Goodison for racially abusing Ric Wee on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that there are many unpleasant people who support Everton just like any other club. His ban will be overturned because I'm not sure they can ban him from games unless he has said something at an Everton game. It's exactly why the FA can't punish supporters for singing racist songs outside of grounds. It would be far better just to name and shame him on the Everton website and tell everybody where he sits. Then if he makes any comments at the game they can ban him and get him arrested. There's probably people with criminal convictions who have season tickets at Goodison, you could end up sitting next to somebody who's been convicted for beating up his wife.
I totally agree with you, but I think his appeal will do nothing, he publically represents Everton with the "EFC" in his name, whether he was intending to or not.

13613436131093853946.GIF

The problem is that there are many unpleasant people who support Everton just like any other club. His ban will be overturned because I'm not sure they can ban him from games unless he has said something at an Everton game. It's exactly why the FA can't punish supporters for singing racist songs outside of grounds. It would be far better just to name and shame him on the Everton website and tell everybody where he sits. Then if he makes any comments at the game they can ban him and get him arrested. There's probably people with criminal convictions who have season tickets at Goodison, you could end up sitting next to somebody who's been convicted for beating up his wife.

well Uefa have fined clubs for their fans behaviour (songs) in foreign city's, Rangers & Celtic spring to mind for sectarian chanting. Paltry fines like but point being that they are outside of the boundaries of the stadiums.
If this fella is associating him to the club via his use of EFC in his username then they will do whatever they can to disassociate themselves with him, we've already had banning of the use of the crest so it wouldn't surprise me if they try to get the use of EFC, Everton and other club related names removed if it is causing them potential problems.

This ignorant clown obviously needs one or two social liberties taken away from him and we the fans can initiate this by making an official complaint to the merseyside constabulary.

He's a nice enough guy, but he says stupid things, much like the larger part of Twitter. It's his own fault, and anyone laughing or mocking the club for taking action against racist language that they were tagged in should give their head a wobble.

Status
Not open for further replies.