Everton finances and transfer kitties......

Spend like a lunatic

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently 15m surplus at the moment. I'd be surprised if we didn't have a positive net spend but not by much

FFP as well to adhere too

Gana Gueye, Stekelenburg, Bolasie, Williams, Calvert-Lewin, Schneiderlin, Lookman, Klaasen, Pickford, Onyekuru, Keane, Sandro Ramirez and Rooney .. all for wantaway Stones, Lukaku plus Cleverley and Geri, Oviedo and Gibson (Kone, McAleny and others released).. and (as per usual...) cash receipts. That's at least a full side drafted in for the loss of a key centre-half and key centre-forward..

Approximately Nil spend..(though clearly we're coughing it up in extra wages) Ron and Steve certainly seem to have their act together... Gyllfi for Ross?

We just have brought in nearly a 100 mill as well. So of course spend it. Any club that has ambition spends more than they bring in. Utd just spend 125 million. We have no real net spend yet. And barkley will prob be sold. We need to bring in another 3/4 players to challenge for top 4. When mosh came in first we were hearing 100 mill on top of any sales. Im not expecting that but we need to bring in more and more quality. Another 2 quality players this summer and another 2 next. Thats close to another 100 mill and some of that can be made up of culling more rif raff. Onwards.

Given the thread title bit disappointed that we are on page 3 and have yet to see any gifs involving cats playing with money.
Cash-cat.jpg

The structure was identical to Leeds (from memory) and the only purpose behind it was allegedly consolidation of the overdraft of c 16m and player purchases I think.
The problem being that we had an overdraft again within a couple of years, and not much was spent on playing staff.
So short term stuff done with long term debt.
Similar to Leeds, but we didn't squander as much on awful players that got relegated.
In fairness I think our debt was manageable as long as we remained in Premier League.
As an aside, the 5 new charges at Companies House would lead me to the conclusion that ICBC are funding part (if not all) of the required stadium borrowings on top of the credit facility - that accounts for 3 of the 5.
The other 2 are intercreditor shennanigans between Barclays and ICBC, which would lead me believe that there is either a new overdraft facility with Barclays, or Barclays may be involved in the funding too.
From what you describe, to me that sounds anunnecessarily complicated arrangement of smoke and mirrors which means some middleman is taking a whopping share they almost certainly aren't earning.

Don't care, I think we are stronger now than last season in all areas other than striker and will be signing one or two before the season starts. Martinez used to say about being stronger at the end of a window than at the start and we clearly will be this time.

From what you describe, to me that sounds anunnecessarily complicated arrangement of smoke and mirrors which means some middleman is taking a whopping share they almost certainly aren't earning.
No middleman at all mate - just the largest bank in the world and Barclays.
Think of it this way, Everton are dealing direct theses days - no middlemen.

We just have brought in nearly a 100 mill as well. So of course spend it. Any club that has ambition spends more than they bring in. Utd just spend 125 million. We have no real net spend yet. And barkley will prob be sold. We need to bring in another 3/4 players to challenge for top 4. When mosh came in first we were hearing 100 mill on top of any sales. Im not expecting that but we need to bring in more and more quality. Another 2 quality players this summer and another 2 next.
This. We have managed to shift a number of players who offered very little to the club. They weren't even squad players, who were on the bench.
We are going to need another 3/4 players as you have suggested, to really make a push for the top 4. It sounds silly, but all the players we have bought can walk straight into the first team. Or as and when another 3/4 or come in, we are developing a squad, whereby we can rotate the team for Euro and league games.
Pickford/Robles
Coleman/ Kenny
Keane/Jagielka/Holgate
Williams/Mori
Baines/Sarr or Arana (both linked)

Morgan/Davies
Gana/McCarthy

Klassen/Barkley
Bolasie/Miralles
Sandro/Siguardsson
Rooney/Giroud or Benteke or Dzeko

That squad is like night and day both in terms of quality and depth to what we had last season.

Do you really give a crap, or are you just happy to be spending........
I honestly don't care as long as we have genuine ambition to challenge the top 4.

However I also don't buy the argument that we can do that without a positive net spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back