Everton history thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toffeemies: many aplogies for over looking your post, came in durring my recent set back.

Well done, yes it was Harold Hardman, I'd given up thinking none of the lads were up to it. It just goes to show what our club has given football in so many ways. It would really piss a Manc off to know it was an old Everton player partly responsible for building their club!(y) (y)

When I get a chance I'll set another question(y)

I read an Everton book with that in only a couple of weeks ago, and I've forgotten the answer, and also the name of the book I was reading!

Earlier you mentioned that our first FA Cup game was against Rangers, wasn't that declared as a friendly?

Historians, at least the ones I've read, have treated it as a cup tie because that is how it was played. I can't recall why but something did happen to suggest it was later cancelled but sorry I can't recall

If You want I could come up with some questions too. Believe it or not we have quite a lot of knowledge about Everton amongst our Finnish EFC-supporters! One of those, Hans Fyhrqvist, has even written EFC-history - in Spanish! :cool:

sorry im slow, but why is a finnish gentleman, writing in spanish, about an english football club?::confused:

I am gonna hazard a guess here. Scandinavians speak loads of languages, so that covers the Spanish, and he is an Everton fan, probably doing it for a paper or something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back