Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He likes him. He gave him his break at rangers. Villa are in better shape than us. Benitez likes FBs to defend a lot more than Gerrard does.

I think being linked to Patterson suits us, as I think the real target is AMN.
Gave him his break,
What sat him on the bench. You don’t know
What his relationship is with Gerrard, he could have been over the moon he left.

Lazy link trying to start an auction

United after Patterson now.

They have different priorities to us. He might suit them as an attacking defender who can be put in the U23s for a season or so. Hell of a lot more money to throw at it too.

Forget this link. It's gone.

Ive explained this in detail a few times.

Heres how it works:

Player is signed for £18mil. No matter what the agreement on how this is paid between clubs, whether all immediate or staggered its irrelevant for FFP.

Lets say that player has signed a 5 year deal which means the £18mil ÷ 5 equates to £3.6mil a year dropping off his transfer fee and showing a decreasing 'book value'.

Now, i cant be bothered to calculate month to month but Digne extended his contract in Feb 2021. At that time he had played for the club from summer 2018 - early 2021.

Lets call it 2.5 seasons or £3.6mil × 2.5 = £9mil.

At that point he extended his contract so his book value became £9mil which is then spread over another 4 seasons (approx) which is £2.25mil a season.

If he leaves in Jan then thats £9mil - £2.25mil = £6.75mil.

So he has a book value for FFP purposes of £6.75mil.

If the club chose to sell Digne for £26.75mil then that becomes a £20mil profit based on the current FFP book value.

Again, workings are general not exact on the months / fees.

Then simply remove the boys wages from the wage bill and that also becomes an FFP saving....instantly.

Now, to sign players its different.

Take that £20mil profit weve made above. We can use that immediately as its a 'realised' FFP profit.

That means (using the same contract calculation as before) we could spend £100mil in January.

How is that possible? Over a 5 year contract with FFP we pay £20mil a year, so that totals £100mil over 5 years.

E.g we could sign 5 players for £20mil each = £100mil.

FFP year 1 = £20mil (Digne profit)
FFP year 2 = £20mil
FFP year 3 = £20mil
FFP year 4 = £20mil
FFP year 5 = £20mil

So, in theory we can use the entire £20mil this Jan to sign £100mil worth of players...but we need to pay another £80mil over another 4 years.

Is this stupid? Well, in theory no because we will have saved wages on out of contract players of Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun and Kenny which probably covers £15-16mil a year. Player wages are probably covered by James/Digne leaving.

So we'd be in the red by £4-5mil for the next 4 seasons which is not a big deal and easily solved with a tiny sale or contract restructuring here and there.

Again, all figures are approximate etc etc

Slightly aroused by this post

PL player at top 6 club v SPL player who cant get a start for a pub team.

Let me think... ?
Absolute nothing squad player in his mid twenties and still without a clear position = Iwobi 2.0

Or player all my Ranger pals who have season tickets rate as the most talented player they’ve produced in 20/30 years.

We should have signed Aaron Hickey from Hearts who went to Bologna for £1.5 million and was easily the most composed player I’ve seen Hearts produce. He’s doing well in Serie A and Milan credited with an interest. We missed out and it’ll be the same if we go for Maitland Niles over Paterson.

Rangers are going to get an auction going here for Patterson.
Absolute nothing squad player in his mid twenties and still without a clear position = Iwobi 2.0

Or player all my Ranger pals who have season tickets rate as the most talented player they’ve produced in 20/30 years.

We should have signed Aaron Hickey from Hearts who went to Bologna for £1.5 million and was easily the most composed player I’ve seen Hearts produce. He’s doing well in Serie A and Milan credited with an interest. We missed out and it’ll be the same if we go for Maitland Niles over Paterson.
...somoene championed by me on here about 2/3 seasons ago mate.

As for Patterson: he's not what we require. We need FBs who can defend. That's not him right now. In any case, Rangers are clearly trying to get an auction going on him. Reports in the press have Everton, Villa, United and top Euro clubs looking to sign him.

Forget him; we need a more experienced and competent defender.

Course you do, Dave. It's just a coincidence that your bile taps turn on at the mention of Rangers or anyone who ever had anything to do with them.
I dont like the club. But that's not the same as being sectarian is it?

Anyway, that's for another time and thread, not this one. We have World Football forum for such matters and a dedicated Scottish football thread.

Rangers are going to get an auction going here for Patterson.

...somoene championed by me on here aboiut 2/3 seasons ago mate.

As for Patterson: he's not what we require. We need FBs who can defend. That's not him right now. In any case, Rangers are clearly trying to get an auction going on him. Reports in the press have Everton, Villa, United and top Euro clubs looking to sign him.

Forget him; we can need a more experienced and competent defender.
And what we need is Maitland Niles? If we’re not in for top young prospects then what is this rebuild all about? Just ramming the team full of more journeymen nothing players.

Will have serious concerns about giving Rafael the keys to the club and this most important rebuild process if that’s the direction he goes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.