Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't signed either player yet and everybody and his dog has accepted that all incoming transfers are now Benitez signings. We don't have a DoF or a chief scout any more, who's signings would they be?

You just seem like you want to be cross at the moment despite having your man in complete control. Benitez is winning, obviously not on the pitch, you don't seem to care about that, but in his battle to be in control of the club and yet you are still unhappy. What is it you want?
He’s not my man

Yup, Dave hates sectarianism unless it's him doing it. Then it's fine.
Father Dave

unnamed.jpg

God bless

We haven't signed either player yet and everybody and his dog has accepted that all incoming transfers are now Benitez signings. We don't have a DoF or a chief scout any more, who's signings would they be?

You just seem like you want to be cross at the moment despite having your man in complete control. Benitez is winning, obviously not on the pitch, you don't seem to care about that, but in his battle to be in control of the club and yet you are still unhappy. What is it you want?
It’s not the “signings” its you lots agenda that I’m questioning

At least now the links are with young players at reasonable prices who have scope for improvement.
Brennan , Patterson and players of that ilk are our future as we simply cannot afford the fees of the players who are already the finished article.

Even AMN is still a young player and he can cover more than one position but I know Arsenal will try to skin us again regarding the fee.

Absolute nothing squad player in his mid twenties and still without a clear position = Iwobi 2.0

Or player all my Ranger pals who have season tickets rate as the most talented player they’ve produced in 20/30 years.

We should have signed Aaron Hickey from Hearts who went to Bologna for £1.5 million and was easily the most composed player I’ve seen Hearts produce. He’s doing well in Serie A and Milan credited with an interest. We missed out and it’ll be the same if we go for Maitland Niles over Paterson.
@davek was really keen on Hickey

Complete coincidence, I’m sure, that Hickey came through at Celtic

Absolute nothing squad player in his mid twenties and still without a clear position = Iwobi 2.0

Or player all my Ranger pals who have season tickets rate as the most talented player they’ve produced in 20/30 years.

We should have signed Aaron Hickey from Hearts who went to Bologna for £1.5 million and was easily the most composed player I’ve seen Hearts produce. He’s doing well in Serie A and Milan credited with an interest. We missed out and it’ll be the same if we go for Maitland Niles over Paterson.

How much do you think Hickey would cost now? £12-15mil?

He seems to be doing well there and the manager loves him.

…but you did say we were not interested in Townsend, it was a ploy to destabilise Benitez by his detractors.

I think thousands of posters on this site have read

"Villa are in better shape than us"

@davek

Now theyre shorting the stock.

It’s not the “signings” its you lots agenda that I’m questioning
Just a reminder that these were the quotes that started this whole discussion.

I’m not pro Rafael but will be funny seeing the haters say neither of these signings are his.

It’ll all be down to anyone but him I’d expect

Welcome to the “agenda”
"Will be funny seeing the haters say neither of these signings are his". Liked by you then quoted by you when you claimed that was part of the "agenda". Seems to be about the signings?

Once again, you've got exactly what you wanted with your man in charge and now you're making stuff up to be cross about.

@davek was really keen on Hickey

Complete coincidence, I’m sure, that Hickey came through at Celtic
I’ve got a season ticket at Hearts - would have loved Everton to have gone for him. 17 years old and consistently the most composed player on the pitch, stood out a mile. You wonder what our scouts are doing. Yeah he was in the Celtic youth set up before he joined Hearts.

Anyway, we should be in for Paterson. If we can’t afford him or he’s going for a stupid fee, then fair enough but we should at least be in for him.

Looking forward, we’ll be saving about £300k per week when Delph, Kenny, Lonergan, Begovic, Tosun, and Sigurdsson leave. That’ll go a long way when added to the savings from James and Bernard.

I suspect summer is when we’ll really have more wiggle room FFP wise, especially as it’s likely Digne will have been sold for good money in Jan and potentially Richie come summer, can’t see him staying here another year.

How much do you think Hickey would cost now? £12-15mil?

He seems to be doing well there and the manager loves him.
Well, Hearts probably would have wanted a lot more than £1.5 million for him, was just he wasn’t going to sign a new contract. This season Maldini at Milan has been credited with an interest. If he keeps playing like he is for the whole season then, yeah, maybe £15million?

He did an interview with the guardian at the end of November said his dream is to play in the premiership. Can play left or right back, bit like Ross Barkley in that you can’t tell whether he’s left or right footed. Would be a good signing. If he’s got a weakness, he’s not got a burst of pace so relies on footwork to get past players.

Looking forward, we’ll be saving about £300k per week when Delph, Kenny, Lonergan, Begovic, Tosun, and Sigurdsson leave. That’ll go a long way when added to the savings from James and Bernard.

I suspect summer is when we’ll really have more wiggle room FFP wise, especially as it’s likely Digne will have been sold for good money in Jan and potentially Richie come summer, can’t see him staying here another year.
Its not just Bernard and James that we have saved on... we had Bolasie, Walcott, King (half a season) and Besic... wages and amortisation we are probably looking at 40M per season savings even when you factor in the incomings in the summer.

Begovic will still be here, agree on richie can see psg back in for him. Then is the problem who we brin in for him which hopefully club have started to look

Status
Not open for further replies.