Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard it was 8 mil and it will be paid instalments. So if it’s 2 mil a year for 4years. It’s not going to do to much damage
After how much we’ve been burnt in the past, and the fact that Benitez practically begged for the job, there’s no way we didn’t insert some kind of “get out of our club you fat waste of space” clause in the contract.

Edit: just remembered how shambolic we are at boardroom level. Of course he’s getting a hefty payoff and laughing at us from his newly built extension in Caldy.

After how much we’ve been burnt in the past, and the fact that Benitez practically begged for the job, there’s no way we didn’t insert some kind of “get out of our club you fat waste of space” clause in the contract.

Edit: just remembered how shambolic we are at boardroom level. Of course he’s getting a hefty payoff and laughing at us from his newly built extension in Caldy.

I think you're right. His inevitable sacking was so ominous, and we've been so stung from recent sackings, and with Benitez begging for the job and not being in a strong position to bargain, that we surely must have had an agreement in which his sacking was considered 'affordable' to the board. It's surprising that he lasted as long as he did.

Is he really that good if he can't keep Steffen out for USA?
yea, I think he is. The Revs had a great season, I watched a lot of it and thought he was really good all round. He really was a class apart at that level.
I think Steffen gets the nod because he's at City under Pep.
I'd love to see Turner at Everton but I'd hate to see him be a bench warmer for any other club.

Is he really that good if he can't keep Steffen out for USA?
He’s better than Steffen. Gregg like any manager has favorites and Steffen is one of them having managed him previously with Columbus. It’s also easy to justify playing City’s #2 over an MLSer. Turner really is quite good. Not polished with the ball at his feet but he does everything else at a high level.

I see Arsenal are in for New England Revs keeper, Matt Turner.
Everton should be all over this. He's a great keeper.
way better than the backup options we have now and could possibly push pickford.
So Leno is moving on then? Turner should not be accepting a backup role anywhere if he moves, especially not to Arsenal. With Ramsdale just coming in, he’ll never get a look.

He’s better than Steffen. Gregg like any manager has favorites and Steffen is one of them having managed him previously with Columbus. It’s also easy to justify playing City’s #2 over an MLSer. Turner really is quite good. Not polished with the ball at his feet but he does everything else at a high level.

That's - was just curious since Steffen is very... meh from what I've seen. Never personally cared how good someone is with their feet myself. Pickford has been really good for a while now but he's also a player we can sell to help fix the squad in the Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.