Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How we have spent it is shocking as your listed mate, really poor business.

But the net amount we have spent is abut half that £500 mill, so £250 mill over 6 years....no as bad really and many other clubs are similar.

But that doesn't make a great headline.
What is bad and not similar to other clubs is that those clubs have either moved forward or at least, standing still. We, on the other hand, have gone backwards.

The only disappointment I have over the window and recent windows as well is that we don't seem to sign young players from lower league clubs anymore for small money that have the potential to develop.
We did so in the past and signed Loughman, Stones, Holgate, DCL, Vlasic all of whom progressed into the senior team.
I am thinking of the Fulham lad that Liverpool nearly signed last evening for very little money. I think these are the kind of deals we need to be chasing.
Patterson and Mykolenko surely fall into the same bracket as Vlasic and Lookman? Then there's Nkounkou, Branthwaite, Crellin too. It's still something we do as far as I can see.

Let's see if noses are put out of joint.

My concern is that we should have gone for a CB yesterday.
Seems to be a widely held opinion. However maybe the incoming coaching team feel they can put a system in place, or instil the confidence in the current incumbents so that they begin to look like the international footballers they all are once more.

Easy to see how the confidence has drained from many of them as they've faced wave upon wave of opposition midfielders bearing down on them due to the recent tactics. Maybe playing on the front foot will be exactly what they need.

These same lads all looked pretty good under Carlo 12-18 months ago. Amazing what positivity can do to a player.

Don't fancy Keane playing a high line mind...

Let's see if noses are put out of joint.

My concern is that we should have gone for a CB yesterday.
Plenty of rumours circulating we wanted one, perhaps hindered by our requirement to bring in manager/coaching staff and players within a short time frame rather than focus solely on squad.

If Mina can stay fit it should give us a boost at CB.

The big query about the defence is we have two untested FBs, one as the only player in his position and the other has had limited game time and his 'back-up' is a player in steep decline.

Our CB options are a regularly injured Mina, a low confidence Keane, whose failings seem more exposed with each passing game, Holgate who has always let himself down such poor decision making, Branthwaite who is untested and Godfrey who has looked off the pace.

Plenty of rumours circulating we wanted one, perhaps hindered by our requirement to bring in manager/coaching staff and players within a short time frame rather than focus solely on squad.

If Mina can stay fit it should give us a boost at CB.

The big query about the defence is we have two untested FBs, one as the only player in his position and the other has had limited game time and his 'back-up' is a player in steep decline.

Our CB options are a regularly injured Mina, a low confidence Keane, whose failings seem more exposed with each passing game, Holgate who has always let himself down such poor decision making, Branthwaite who is untested and Godfrey who has looked off the pace.
Lampard seems to have chosen to score our way out of trouble rather than lock things up from the back.

Tbf..

Walcott 20m
Bolasie 27m
Sandro 5m
Tuson 20m
Delph 8m
Siggy 45m
Williams 11m
Morgan 20m sold for 2m
Gbamin 20m

All that money spent and looks like 2m will be recovered … that’s shocking

Rondon
Iwobi may also be added to the list eventually
Bolasie initial fee was £25m Sandro £5.2m being the release clause Tosun more like £27m. Siggy initial fee was £40m Williams £12m Gbamin £25m forgot all those added on we won’t pay any of that surely. Oh and Iwobi £28m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back