Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when did we spend 38m?
IMG_20220201_174420.webp

I have concerns about what impact Alli has on Gray's game.

In my minds eye I see Gray being crowded out of this team by the use of Alli.
Personally I think if we need to play possession football Alli, VdB will play..

Where we might be chasing, counter attacking or for an 'injection of pace' Gray will play.

The numbers we have gives options. Especially with our injury record.

Signing the best players in the championship is the best thing to do for a team at our level. If Forest don't come up, then I still want to see us sign Johnson in the summer. I know he will cost a lot, but he's almost risk free from what I can see.

The concern will be that there will be backlash from the wider fanbase as we won't be signing 'big names'

Ben Brereton is out of contract in the summer. He'd be a great fit for us as support/back up, or dare I say a replacement for, DCL.
Because he's a free from Blackburn he'd be written off before he even kicked a ball.

The idea is great, but we don't tend to give chances and/or the time needed to these type of players

We should definitely be looking at championship players. Young players looking to make that step up, even lower down divisions we found Branthwaite.

I think a mix of young players from the lower divisions (and/or smaller premier league sides or youth academy's) and one or two top class first teamers each year would make for gradual improvement.

Personally I think if we need to play possession football Alli, VdB will play..

Where we might be chasing, counter attacking or for an 'injection of pace' Gray will play.

The numbers we have gives options. Especially with our injury record.

I think our best side has all three playing tbf

Thats the media for you…same as our £500 million spending compared to the RS £150 or so…..one net and one gross.

Tbf..

Walcott 20m
Bolasie 27m
Sandro 5m
Tuson 20m
Delph 8m
Siggy 45m
Williams 11m
Morgan 20m sold for 2m
Gbamin 20m

All that money spent and looks like 2m will be recovered … that’s shocking

Rondon
Iwobi may also be added to the list eventually

Tbf..

Walcott 20m
Bolasie 27m
Sandro 5m
Tuson 20m
Delph 8m
Siggy 45m
Williams 11m
Morgan 20m sold for 2m
Gbamin 20m

All that money spent and looks like 2m will be recovered … that’s shocking

Rondon
Iwobi may also be added to the list eventually

Yes, but thats a different point, and not the one I am making.

I know … it was fresh in my mind as I literally was talking to my brother about it a moment ago …that gross 500 we spent , we don’t recover much and that why we are in the Pooh

How we have spent it is shocking as your listed mate, really poor business.

But the net amount we have spent is abut half that £500 mill, so £250 mill over 6 years....no as bad really and many other clubs are similar.

But that doesn't make a great headline.

The only disappointment I have over the window and recent windows as well is that we don't seem to sign young players from lower league clubs anymore for small money that have the potential to develop.
We did so in the past and signed Loughman, Stones, Holgate, DCL, Vlasic all of whom progressed into the senior team.
I am thinking of the Fulham lad that Liverpool nearly signed last evening for very little money. I think these are the kind of deals we need to be chasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back