Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, last day activity on the buy side means that players don't really want to go to your club. Targets' agents have been instructed to get them the best destination/hold out for the best deal. On the sell side, it either means that you don't want to sell or that you think you have a hot enough commodity that someone might swoop in.

We fix that by becoming a destination. For all of his faults, Lampard did establish a reputation of playing the kids and sticking with them at Chelsea. That should help when it comes to attracting the young talent we need to rebuild.

Yeah yesterday was a random one really, because I hope we don't end up appointing managers on deadline day again. But there will be a pull for younger players to play for Lampard. It's just going to take some time for us to pull away from danger and back into the middle of the pack. Then we can hopefully start integrating younger players and being more organised with our transfer dealings. We also need a DOF going forward who can work on this sort of stuff.

I remember when Ajax tore Chelsea apart in the champions league before Chelsea made a late comeback due to ajax getting 2 sendings off (in the 4 4) when Lampard was in charge.

That game Van de Beek played in a double pivot in front of defence and Ziyech as a 10. Lampard was obviously impressed enough to buy Ziyech in the following summer so might want to recreate that with Alli in the 10.

Not convinced it is Dvb's best position but we still don't have a lot of options.

It's just a bit of fun mate. Calm down.
Who isn't calm?

Just strange you are talking about someone who isn't our manager, and what signings he would have made, rather than reality and talking about the players we did sign for our actual manager.

Like I say, someems like a vendetta towards someone.

Patterson was 9, Mykolenko in the teens, El Ghazi and VDB loan, Alli free. They can’t add.
Completely agree. Honestly, the media really pee me off when it comes to our transfer business. Most of our deals get inflated and every year, someone cost a little more than we actually paid.

Iwobi wasn't 40 million, Richarlison wasn't 50 million (maybe that one is our fault due to the song!!), James wasn't 20 million, we currently haven't spent 40 million on Alli, it is a free. Yet you read and hear something different.

And the whole 'we have wasted 500 million' thing, well any established premier league club would need to spend ay least 250 million in the last 5 years just to stay still. That we have net spent less than Villa in the last 5 years and not much more than Wolves or Brighton (around 30 million) shows we have spent what we have because we have needed to.

We have also had to basically write off 130 million + due to injuries and alleged misdemeanours. (Bolasie, Gbamin, Gomes, Tosun, Iceland etc).

Check out this link for the truth. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/fuenfjahresvergleich/wettbewerb/GB1

The media are gaslighting us and this helps spread negativity through our club. Enough.

Times haven't been good, but not through a lack of effort and ambition in our hierarchy.

I feel really optimistic after yesterday and feel we are really starting to learn some lessons. Well done to everyone who stood up for the changes and got the spray paint out. It feels like it worked, but time will tell and there are never any guarantees.

They say it is always darkest before the dawn. I won't say 'Good morning' to everyone yet, but it feels like somewhere in the distance I can definitely hear the birds chirping.....

Viva La Revolution!!!

They're fine. 1 is a loan, and the other is only 25 and hasn't cost a transfer fee yet. Lampard will bring in young players for next season, but for now we have to try and steady the ship.
I'm talking about their likely impact in the next 18 games.

Still think this should be the goal moving forwards.

Landscapes massively changed though.

Can't think of a championship player a team has bought cheap to turn out really good. They're going for £20-30mill a pop.

Same goes for abroad. If you look at Moyes at West Ham. Bowen, Soucek, Benrahma all £20mill each. Picked up Zouma and Vlasic for around £30mill each. So even he's having to spend.

Although the RS have pinched Fulham's academy products - even trying to get a 19 year old Carvalho for £10mill who's contract runs out end of the season anyway.

Wishful thinking but I think those buys are very few now. Yes Gray was £1.5mill for example but those types of deals aren't out there regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back