Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the Longstaff family, and they and Newcastle (rather than lose him for free) are keen on the move. Sean has a good passing range and decent long range shot, but he's VERY slow for a Premier league footballer.

Sigurdsson's total cost including wages is £80 million (assuming no sell on fee).

Does that make him the worst value transfer in our history?
I'd argue not. He has at least contributed with numerous goals and assists.

Someone like delph on the other hand with his 31 appearances and 0 goals or assists has cost us so far £641k per game and still has a year to go. (100k a week for 114weeks as well as 8.5m transfer fee).

If we take siggy at £80m in total as you state. 156apps is £512k per game. But with 56 goals/assists as well.

The club is full of has beens never will bes. Long staff sounds an ideal signing. As for the one who cannot be named, £45 mil with him going next summer for nowt is just another highlight of where things have gone wrong. Brands and Co need to be accountable but never will be. Moshers is a muppet letting it happen

He's completely lost his head lately.

Believes everything the media say that is negative unless its about James obscene wages in which its complete bogus and media speculation of course :hayee:

I don't believe everything the media say that's negative, ffs

You say this without a hint of irony mate, but you genuinely say you can't believe anything in the media but then go and say James was definitely on 250k a week.

Benitez wanted Sean Longstaff. It was reported by multiple, reliable journalists on both the Everton side and the Newcastle side. We didn't put an offer in but had Davies gone (he didn't want to leave) or Gomes, we'd have probably gone for Longstaff because that would have been the midfielder within our budget.

My point, as you well know, with James' wages is it's very strange how they kept going up and up with each passing weak. I haven't made that up, that's just what happened. By early August they were said to be 'near 200k' and by earlier this week they were 250k. It doesn't add up bud, especially when last year it was all reported as 'in line with the club's high earners'. I haven't said the journalists are making it up, I have just pointed out there is far too much inconsistency in the reporting.

Also, if Benitez really wants a player, why is that seen as a 'negative' in your book? Had we signed Longstaff, you'd have been the first to sing his praises because the manager wants him.

Newcastle journalist - https://theathletic.co.uk/2764262/2...-50m-midfielder-who-needs-to-leave-newcastle/

His contract expires in June and no agreement has been reached. There is interest from other Premier League clubs — most notably Everton, where Rafael Benitez, who handed Longstaff his Newcastle debut, is still an admirer — and, with Bruce needing to offload players to make room for potential incomings, a departure before the August 31 deadline cannot be ruled out.

Everton journalists - https://theathletic.co.uk/2804466/2...?article_source=search&search_query=longstaff

Benitez also looked at ways of restructuring his midfield, making contact with Newcastle’s Sean Longstaff among others, but talks did not progress. Everton were wary of adding numbers in an already bloated part of the pitch while Tom Davies, another available for transfer, preferred to stay and fight for his place.

Then literally from last night and Kirkbride, who has had some info this summer.

Summer interest in Newcastle United's Sean Longstaff has not gone away and Everton believe he will be available for a cut-price deal in the January window, as he nears the final six months of his contract at St James' Park.

The idea of swapping Longstaff for Davies, who remains under contract until the summer of 2023, was proposed but the midfielder was not keen on leaving Goodison and the club believed he held greater market value than Longstaff.

I don't believe everything the media say that's negative, ffs

You say this without a hint of irony mate, but you genuinely say you can't believe anything in the media but then go and say James was definitely on 250k a week.

Benitez wanted Sean Longstaff. It was reported by multiple, reliable journalists on both the Everton side and the Newcastle side. We didn't put an offer in but had Davies gone (he didn't want to leave) or Gomes, we'd have probably gone for Longstaff because that would have been the midfielder within our budget.

My point, as you well know, with James' wages is it's very strange how they kept going up and up with each passing weak. I haven't made that up, that's just what happened. By early August they were said to be 'near 200k' and by earlier this week they were 250k. It doesn't add up bud, especially when last year it was all reported as 'in line with the club's high earners'. I haven't said the journalists are making it up, I have just pointed out there is far too much inconsistency in the reporting.

Also, if Benitez really wants a player, why is that seen as a 'negative' in your book? Had we signed Longstaff, you'd have been the first to sing his praises because the manager wants him.

I dont believe James was on 250k a week mate the truth is I dont know what he was on but it was certainly more than the 90k Louie was peddling and accusing anyone of disagreeing as being liars and fibbers lol

The truth is in transfer silly season rumours get peddled - there may well have been interest but thats because Benitez was working on magic beans - if we gave him the £200 million that both Silva and Koeman had to spend or £70 million that Carlo had do people believe he would be targetting Rondon and Longstaff on free transfers???

Its like David Moyes he wouldnt have signed the likes of Castillo and Stracularsi for pennies if he had big dough to spend.

Which ultimately comes back to Walsh and Brands wizzing all that money away yet the idiots would rather blame the bloke who's been here 5 minutes for scraping around in the bargain bin.

The club is full of has beens never will bes. Long staff sounds an ideal signing. As for the one who cannot be named, £45 mil with him going next summer for nowt is just another highlight of where things have gone wrong. Brands and Co need to be accountable but never will be. Moshers is a muppet letting it happen
It’s was unlikely we were getting anything back for the 45mil man. There was talk of extending his deal for an extra year.

I know James has now left, but him, Siggurdsson, delph, Tosun, kenny all leaving next sumner, saves us about 40mil on the books

Newcastle journalist - https://theathletic.co.uk/2764262/2...-50m-midfielder-who-needs-to-leave-newcastle/

His contract expires in June and no agreement has been reached. There is interest from other Premier League clubs — most notably Everton, where Rafael Benitez, who handed Longstaff his Newcastle debut, is still an admirer — and, with Bruce needing to offload players to make room for potential incomings, a departure before the August 31 deadline cannot be ruled out.

Everton journalists - https://theathletic.co.uk/2804466/2...?article_source=search&search_query=longstaff

Benitez also looked at ways of restructuring his midfield, making contact with Newcastle’s Sean Longstaff among others, but talks did not progress. Everton were wary of adding numbers in an already bloated part of the pitch while Tom Davies, another available for transfer, preferred to stay and fight for his place.

Then literally from last night and Kirkbride, who has had some info this summer.

Summer interest in Newcastle United's Sean Longstaff has not gone away and Everton believe he will be available for a cut-price deal in the January window, as he nears the final six months of his contract at St James' Park.

The idea of swapping Longstaff for Davies, who remains under contract until the summer of 2023, was proposed but the midfielder was not keen on leaving Goodison and the club believed he held greater market value than Longstaff.
Unfortunately this will probably happen, but there’s no point wasting money in January. If he comes in on a free as 4th/5th choice with Gbamin I don’t have a big problem with it. As long as the club buy a top class midfielder as well.

I dont believe James was on 250k a week mate the truth is I dont know what he was on but it was certainly more than the 90k Louie was peddling and accusing anyone of disagreeing as being liars and fibbers lol

The truth is in transfer silly season rumours get peddled - there may well have been interest but thats because Benitez was working on magic beans - if we gave him the £200 million that both Silva and Koeman had to spend or £70 million that Carlo had do people believe he would be targetting Rondon and Longstaff on free transfers???

Its like David Moyes he wouldnt have signed the likes of Castillo and Stracularsi for pennies if he had big dough to spend.

Which ultimately comes back to Walsh and Brands wizzing all that money away yet the idiots would rather blame the bloke who's been here 5 minutes for scraping around in the bargain bin.

It was definitely more than £90k, we'll never know. My point, and a few others, is that it was very convenient how his wage shot up as the club got more eager to get him off the books. And these are journalists that I respect and, in some cases, actually know, and I was surprised they were just so readily reporting these figures despite those contradicting previous reports they wrote.

You are absolutely right that there's a lot of rumours in silly season. But, the reliability is there with Longstaff mate. He was a target, may well still be. Because this is where we are as a club budget wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.