Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is that Arteta seems so touchy and reactive about stuff that if AMN had just kept off social media and kept his trap shut he would have probably got his move imo.

I mean, unless you know Arteta personally, that's pure speculation. At the start of the season Arsenal would probably has seen us a similar level team in terms of taking points off each other, they probably didnt want to strengthen us. If i remember it was quite late in the window as well, so perhaps had it been earlier in summer it would have been more likely.

Arsenal are nothing these days compared to actual quality teams.

Forest are a bit of a weird club though and they go through managers like Watford do, I know he was at Lincoln last season and did well but he was only 19 so it was probably an experience thing, they also have a pretty large squad there. He would be a good signing for us going forward and could mature into a really good player but tbh I think he will go to a bigger club than us.

…I like the look of him, similar type to Gray from what I can see. Just seems strange he went to Lincoln on loan when Forest need all the good players they can get.

i doubt he’s a £20m player but it might be a deal that rises to that type of figure.

Forest are a bit of a weird club though and they go through managers like Watford do, I know he was at Lincoln last season and did well but he was only 19 so it was probably an experience thing, they also have a pretty large squad there. He would be a good signing for us going forward and could mature into a really good player but tbh I think he will go to a bigger club than us.

…I like the look of him, similar type to Gray from what I can see. Just seems strange he went to Lincoln on loan when Forest need all the good players they can get.

i doubt he’s a £20m player but it might be a deal that rises to that type of figure.

Yes please.

The exact type of player we should be looking at, and I much rather see us throw £20 mill plus on homegrown players in the Championship.

Less of a risk for me that the over-seas players.

Most similar player in the premier league to Johnson is Gray apparently.

Makes sense for us to have Gray on the left and Johnson on the right then.

Funnily enough if Patterson and Mykolenko join for £30mil and we sign Johnson for £20mil then we'll have spent £51.6mil on 4 starters at full back/wing which is an average of £12.9mil per position.

Cant argue with that and the player profiles.

Brennan Johnson linked in the mail...£20mil.

Plays for Forest across the forward positions...seems to be a candidate for right winger perhaps.

Mykolenko
Patterson
Johnson
Kvaratskhelia

If those 4 came in with Digne, Mina leaving to cover the cost Id be impressed and amazed.
Them 4 on 5 year deals, would potentially cost us, plus wages 25mil a year. We save over 30 the minute, delph, siggurdsson, Tosun and Kenny leave, and like you’ve said, that doesn’t even include Mina & Digne. Which again just guessing. Could save us on the books 15mil a year and give us a 30mil profit.

Which would give us plenty of room hopefully to buy another CB. And midfielder, if we can shift a few more, Gomes, Davies, Holgate, Iwobi. Even if we don’t get big free. Just shifting them out the club would be a big bonus

Good player, got a bit of desire and 'get up and go' about him, he's definitely better than Championship level, him and Grant lead Lincoln to L1 playoff finals last season.
And Morgan Rogers...................who has stalled a bit at Bournemouth this season!

Them 4 on 5 year deals, would potentially cost us, plus wages 25mil a year. We save over 30 the minute, delph, siggurdsson, Tosun and Kenny leave, and like you’ve said, that doesn’t even include Mina & Digne. Which again just guessing. Could save us on the books 15mil a year and give us a 30mil profit.

Which would give us plenty of room hopefully to buy another CB. And midfielder, if we can shift a few more, Gomes, Davies, Holgate, Iwobi. Even if we don’t get big free. Just shifting them out the club would be a big bonus

Spot on there.

As well as those 4 players (Kvaratskhelia, Johnson, Mykolenko, Patterson) we also have Branthwaite, Nkounkou, Welch, Onyango, Gordon, Dobbin and more around the squad.

That hunger and drive from the youngsters should push the more experienced players to perform.

If we did sign those 4 then adding young players at GK, DM and CF we could probably put out 11 players u23 with premier league experience.

That can only be a good thing.

Most similar player in the premier league to Johnson is Gray apparently.

Makes sense for us to have Gray on the left and Johnson on the right then.

Funnily enough if Patterson and Mykolenko join for £30mil and we sign Johnson for £20mil then we'll have spent £51.6mil on 4 starters at full back/wing which is an average of £12.9mil per position.

Cant argue with that and the player profiles.
Oh but they will....

Where's this money coming from like
I think with FFP, incoming transfers you count the whole fee, whereas outgoing it’s accounted for over the course of the contract

So say if we got 20m for Digne, and spent 30m combined on Patterson/Mykolenko over 5 year contracts, 6m would be going out and 20m would be coming in

That could be complete bollocks though, and might depend on how we structure the fee

If we are bringing in those players then another player or two must be leaving with Digne.

They've relaxed the rules about owners companies sponsoring the clubs they own

So we might be seeing more USM and Megafon branding about the place
Don't think they've been relaxed. They have just lifted the ban placed in October to stop Newcastle going mad.

It's as we where in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.