Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was one of the reasons (his wages on the FFP limits). Without shifting those wages off the books, we were over the limit or right on it for the P&S rules.

We're now 150-200k p/wk better off in that regard so it will definitely help.

But the reason we can't afford a player like that - when we should be able to if we want to push on - is because we have genuine wasters who are on much more when you combine them together. Not helped by the fact we can't currently do anything about a certain now 32-year-old footballer.
Without naming names and going into dangerous territory, is he still on the payroll???

If the numbers quoted in recent weeks are true, then James should not have been signed. We cant afford that sort of money and his availability means he's not worth that money either.
Based on what Al-Rayyan have supposedly paid Everton to buy out the final year of his deal mate, those numbers aren't true.

It'd work out around £165-175k a week.

And I for one reckon that's probably bang on what we were paying him.

When you throw in the whole package (signing on fee etc, the fact we didn't pay a fee to Madrid) then it may well work out about £200k a week. But that creative calculating has only been done once it became clear the club was desperate to move the player on

Based on what Al-Rayyan have supposedly paid Everton to buy out the final year of his deal mate, those numbers aren't true.

It'd work out around £165-175k a week.

And I for one reckon that's probably bang on what we were paying him.

When you throw in the whole package (signing on fee etc, the fact we didn't pay a fee to Madrid) then it may well work out about £200k a week. But that creative calculating has only been done once it became clear the club was desperate to move the player on
The 90k speculation always felt off to me in fairness

The deal was a poor one for the club and failed. I don't blame the player, i blame those who thought he was a value for money signing.

We don't know for sure but he's only been suspended. There was no mention of suspended without pay so we have to assume it's basically gardening leave. Everton still have him under contract so, legally, they would still have to pay him.
If he's found guilty, would there be a way if clawing it back? I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of insurance against this situation - I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't mind you.

Benitez was just asked if we could spend in Jan after James leaving, and said he spoke to Moshiri yesterday and that they think yes it has freed up some FFP.

We still won't have loads but it's on Brands now to get these deals in motion starting right now. We've already been in for Diaz, he wants to come, make it happen and if the owner has to inject cash, then we'll have to offset it with sales and wage releases next summer because that's what we're going to have to do anyway.

We need quality up top, we're so short. But obviously, we need a right-back too. They shouldn't be mutually exclusive.

Presser just now Benitez stated he spoke to The mosh yesterday and following James release / sale there is money to spend in Jan. also said we are fortunate to have owner who are willing to spend, but have to do it in the right way….

If we had any sense we'd be signing pre-contract agreements for a Centre back and a Centre midfielder in Jan.

Their wages would be covered by outgoings next summer.

Any transfer budget in January must go to signing a right back.

At that point we 'should' have Keeper, Defence and Central Midfield sorted.

Outgoing sales to generate transfer fees for attacking players.

Meanwhile, extend Mina's contract.

If we had any sense we'd be signing pre-contract agreements for a Centre back and a Centre midfielder in Jan.

Their wages would be covered by outgoings next summer.

Any transfer budget in January must go to signing a right back.

At that point we 'should' have Keeper, Defence and Central Midfield sorted.

Outgoing sales to generate transfer fees for attacking players.

Meanwhile, extend Mina's contract.
There was something the other day ( i can't find it at the moment will keep looking) that he's not to keen on Mina, see's Godfrey as his first choice CB when everyone is fit and then someone else and he would like to bring a new CB in.

It was one of the reasons (his wages on the FFP limits). Without shifting those wages off the books, we were over the limit or right on it for the P&S rules.

We're now 150-200k p/wk better off in that regard so it will definitely help.

But the reason we can't afford a player like that - when we should be able to if we want to push on - is because we have genuine wasters who are on much more when you combine them together. Not helped by the fact we can't currently do anything about a certain now 32-year-old footballer.
Do hope the desire / urgency and ultimately success to bin of James serves as a shot across the bows of some of them.

There was something the other day ( i can't find it at the moment will keep looking) that he's not to keen on Mina, see's Godfrey as his first choice CB when everyone is fit and then someone else and he would like to bring a new CB in.

Yes, its been in the media that Benitez sees Godfrey as 1st choice + Romagnoli was linked.

If we went into next season with:

Romagnoli: 27, Left footed leader.
Mina: 27, Quality defensive monster
Godfrey: 24, Rapid and huge potential
Branthwaite: 20, Highly promising

That would be an ideal group of centre backs.

Move Keane and Holgate on to cover Mina's extension and Romagnoli's (free) signing fee and wages.

Yes, its been in the media that Benitez sees Godfrey as 1st choice + Romagnoli was linked.

If we went into next season with:

Romagnoli: 27, Left footed leader.
Mina: 27, Quality defensive monster
Godfrey: 24, Rapid and huge potential
Branthwaite: 20, Highly promising

That would be an ideal group of centre backs.

Move Keane and Holgate on to cover Mina's extension and Romagnoli's (free) signing fee and wages.
Zat... don't do it to yourself mate

Status
Not open for further replies.