Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t want longstaff either, I was making a point that Davies is just as crap imo. As someone seems to think he’s load better.

The only reason I would go for longstaff is as a last on a free in the summer. If we can shift Gomes and Davies for money and even get a small fee for Gbamin. Delph also going.

I would like to see us go and get a top class midfielder to come in as first choice. Then if he’s the best we can do on a free. Then have him as a squad filler as 4th/5th choice with Onyango
This doesn’t make sense whatever your low opinion of Davies , Longstaff is definitely not one iota better.
There is a reason this 24year old has always failed to hold a permanent place in a largely poor barcode side.
His career is directly comparable to Davies who you profess to hate so much.
If we are to have a squad filler I would much rather it was an Evertonian who actually cares for the club than a barcode supporting Geordie mutant.

What's peoples thoughts on the type of midfielder we need to prioritise?
Mobile cdm type who's comfortable in possesion??
Box to box, pacy & athletic??
Creative number 10 who will add goals/assists??
Ideally one of each but not going to happen.

This doesn’t make sense whatever your low opinion of Davies , Longstaff is definitely not one iota better.
There is a reason this 24year old has always failed to hold a permanent place in a largely poor barcode side.
His career is directly comparable to Davies who you profess to hate so much.
If we are to have a squad filler I would much rather it was an Evertonian who actually cares for the club than a barcode supporting Geordie mutant.
But by punting Davies for say 12mil as a homegrown player. Would probably allow us to spend 30mil plus on a much better midfielder. And you get longstaff on a free on similar wages.

Like I said he’s a last resort signing. But really is there much difference to having longstaff as 4th/5th choice next season or Davies.

You started this conversation by saying Davies is worse, so you obviously do care to have an opinion.
No somebody/you said longstaff was much worse and I jokingly said.
There isn’t a player on the planet miles worse than Davies.

It was a joke, but it still stands. Tom
Davies is poor footballer and is championship standard.

What's peoples thoughts on the type of midfielder we need to prioritise?
Mobile cdm type who's comfortable in possesion??
Box to box, pacy & athletic??
Creative number 10 who will add goals/assists??
Ideally one of each but not going to happen.
I suppose it depends on the system. As a 2 with a 10 in front. Which is the system Rafael prefers apparently.

I’d prefer the 2 to be similar. Than maybe one sitting and one box to box. I’d prefer a left and right sided 2. And goes with out saying they need to be good at most things. Aggressive, mobile, quick. And technically good.

I think in a 433. Then you’d probably have one sitting and the 2 either side box to box.

100% hope we arent looking at long term 5-4-1, it is so bad. No wonder teams are scoring from outside the box like MacAlister and Longman in the last two games, its becuase we have a lack of CMs to put pressure on anyone in that area. BUT the most damning is below....

5-4-1 v Brighton
Conceded 3 Scored 1
4-4-2 v Brighton
Conceded 0 Scored 1

5-4-1 v Hull
Conceded 2 Scored 2
4-3-3 v Hull
Conceded 0 Scored 1

My point is :-
5 at the back - Conceded 6 (v Chelsea, Brighton & Hull)
4 at the back - Conceded 0

I know which one I`d prefer! The 5-4-1 has by far the more game time aswell, IT DONT WORK, bin it off Rafael FFS.

What is our performance analysts doing?

Last edited:

You think we deserve much more respect than Burnley?
I absolutely do my son. We are giants of the English game.
You need to take a long look at how pathetic this club has become under Moshiri and the men he hired to spend half a billion. We're in the gutter but we have a manager prepared to try and dig us out of it.

Enjoy today's win.
I really don't my son, its obvious to anyone the mess we are in.
Is he the right man for the job? Only time will tell but the initial signs are very worrying.

And finally, I always enjoy an Everton win no matter what because that's who I support. Not a manager or a chairman / owner or even players. They all come and go but Everton has been a part of my family for three generations and will continue to be long after Mosh, Benitez et al have gone the way of the dodo.

God bless.

No way will sell both and especially for 60m each. I couid see Richarlison going and for a min if 70mil. It would take a huge offer to get DCL out the club next sumner
Agreed. It would surely be a sensible strategy to use some of the proceeds of the sale of one of them to extend the contract of the other!

If Richarlison was to leave then a replacement along the lines of Kulusevski or Anthony would take some of the proceeds, but extending DCL would also be a priority.

100% hope we arent looking at long term 5-4-1, it is so bad. No wonder teams are scoring from outside the box like MacAlister and Longman in the last two games, its becuase we have a lack of CMs to put pressure on anyone in that area. BUT the most damning is below....

5-4-1 v Brighton
Conceded 3 Scored 1
4-4-2 v Brighton
Conceded 0 Scored 1

5-4-1 v Hull
Conceded 2 Scored 2
4-3-3 v Hull
Conceded 0 Scored 1

My point is :-
5 at the back - Conceded 6 (v Chelsea, Brighton & Hull)
4 at the back - Conceded 0

I know which one I`d prefer! The 5-4-1 has by far the more game time aswell, IT DONT WORK, bin it off Rafael FFS.

What is our performance analysts doing?
Performance Analyst?

Status
Not open for further replies.