Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is Rafael does seem to want to play 433. So Doucoure won’t play that role. More of 4231 and Doucoure isn’t good enough to play as a number 10.

Maybe he partners a new quality midfielder, for maybe 12months. I’d like to see us get 2 new midfielders. And one of them shouldn’t be longstaff
In an ideal world if we could get a dynamic DM and a number ten. Doubt we can do that this window though unless the number ten is a loan

Think Lingard could do well for us. Runs at people and scores goals. Better than any of others we are being linked with by a mile
Problem is Utd will want money now and on a free in the summer lingard will want a long deal and big wages. And apart from 9 goals in 10 games at West Ham, he’s never really scored loads of goals 1 in 7 at Utd.

And he’s 29 we will end up with a slightly better than average footballer on a huge deal untill he’s 33. Not a good deal for us

Watched 5 minutes of him playing for Villa tonight after coming on as sub and I can categorically state that he is absolutely not what we need or is of the quality we require.

If we want a wide forward go for Brennan Johnson.

Personally I think that centre half and defensive midfield are far more pressing needs.

Just looking at the championship table and Forest arent far off the play off spaces.

Id guess Johnson and Garner (owned by Man Utd) deals wouldnt happen till summer.

Gray, Gordon and Johnson all for under £20mil as 3 of 4 wide players rotating would be very good business.

Im a bit surprised we've not managed to tout Keane, Holgate and Mina around for a deal. Ideally need 2 of those out so we can bring someone in.

Likewise, we dont seem to be making any waves on Gomes, Iwobi, Davies, Allan, Gbamin in the outbox when we need a new midfielder.

Nice to know Delph, Sigurdsson, Tosun and Kenny will be out the door in summer but we need to cull another 8 players on top.

4 or 5 players to be moved on this window should be the target and the rest in summer.

Problem is Utd will want money now and on a free in the summer lingard will want a long deal and big wages. And apart from 9 goals in 10 games at West Ham, he’s never really scored loads of goals 1 in 7 at Utd.

And he’s 29 we will end up with a slightly better than average footballer on a huge deal untill he’s 33. Not a good deal for us
Ok. Good point but still think he could provide us with something we are missing. Might be worth a gamble if the right deal could be done .

Just looking at the championship table and Forest arent far off the play off spaces.

Id guess Johnson and Garner (owned by Man Utd) deals wouldnt happen till summer.

Gray, Gordon and Johnson all for under £20mil as 3 of 4 wide players rotating would be very good business.

Im a bit surprised we've not managed to tout Keane, Holgate and Mina around for a deal. Ideally need 2 of those out so we can bring someone in.

Likewise, we dont seem to be making any waves on Gomes, Iwobi, Davies, Allan, Gbamin in the outbox when we need a new midfielder.

Nice to know Delph, Sigurdsson, Tosun and Kenny will be out the door in summer but we need to cull another 8 players on top.

4 or 5 players to be moved on this window should be the target and the rest in summer.
Rumour is Gbamin is available, most likely on loan. I suppose the worry is, if he goes abs then we sell a Gomes or Davies late in the window and don’t bring anyone in, injuries to Allan or Doucoure couid kill us.

Again the rumour is we want a midfielder, let’s just pray it isn’t longstaff

Ok. Good point but still think he could provide us with something we are missing. Might be worth a gamble if the right deal could be done .
Again the problem is Utd aren’t loaning him
With 6months left. It’s sell or keep till the summer. And I doubt lingard takes a deal on small wages and a 2yr deal. If Newcastle stay up I can see them giving him
The deal he’d want

Rumour is Gbamin is available, most likely on loan. I suppose the worry is, if he goes abs then we sell a Gomes or Davies late in the window and don’t bring anyone in, injuries to Allan or Doucoure couid kill us.

Again the rumour is we want a midfielder, let’s just pray it isn’t longstaff

Id sell any of these mids: Gomes, Iwobi, Davies, Allan, Gbamin...

...any of these centre backs: Keane, Mina, Holgate.

Not in the slightest concerned about keeping them.

Issue is not many clubs seemingly have funds this window shifting any of the above will be difficult may be some loan to buys just to move them on. I can see Holgate being sold for actual money.

You think he could make an impact straight away if he came here. Alot of Us talent is going into europe now so for me isnt really a big deal if they have the talent
Yes. I think he’d be our second best cb behind Mina once he’s had a few games to adapt to the pace of the game. Thing for him is he’s a penciled in starter for us right now so making the leap in a World Cup year would be risky. Id back him as good enough to do it though.

They p
if we can find someone worth getting and the pennies from loan make sense, we'll do i

Non of that's happening, keep telling you no one gonna want them on those wages, they will sit tight and run their contracts down

Status
Not open for further replies.