Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the utter clowns are aware of the ever approaching deadline, so I expect something to happen by Friday.
I notice O'Keeffe arguing on Sky that the *review* should be allowed to report before making a managerial deciaion...he's defo being fed stuff.

If we get Lampard then we might be able to leverage his Chelsea influence into a good loan (we can only get one more PL loan because of El Ghazi can’t we?) and maybe a cheap signing from them.

I’d take Loftus cheek and maybe see if they have any CBs struggling for game time. Has malang sarr played much?

If we get Lampard then we might be able to leverage his Chelsea influence into a good loan (we can only get one more PL loan because of El Ghazi can’t we?) and maybe a cheap signing from them.

I’d take Loftus cheek and maybe see if they have any CBs struggling for game time. Has malang sarr played much?
Christensen out of contract in the summer

As much as I’d be on board with that, like Muller, there is no way he would come to us even if we did stay up.

Christensen has apparently said he wouldn’t go to another PL club too
Maybe he wouldn’t but with frank in charge who knows. Also money talks and he will be on a big salary now I would imagine. Only the top European clubs could afford him

Instead of wasting stupid money paying off managers Moshri should just give man utd the loan fee they want for Lingard and pay his wages for the rest of the season. Will get us goals and is better than most of what we have .
Once again, for the hard of hearing: We need central midfielders.

Lingard is not a central midfielder. Even if he IS an upgrade on Richarlison (he isn't), Gray (he isn't) Townsend (WHU Lingard? Yes. Vast majority of his career Lingard? Don't be absurd) or Gordon (don't we want Gordon to get minutes in order to develop?), how is signing / loaning him going to help us?

We're getting overrun in midfield, every single game. 2-man midfield, 3-man midfield, 433, 442, 4231 it doesn't matter... Lingard doesn't make a shred of difference to that scenario... because he doesn't play in central midfield. He's a wide attacker / part-time 10.

The suggestions of loaning Alli or Lingard are the type of panicky shouts that can only be coming from people who thought the transfers of Tosun and Walcott were great moves at the time, and panned out well.

What on earth is going on? We are being linked with Lingard, Deli Ali, and Ndombele but we desperately need a defensive midfielder. Allan is good but lacks pace and stamina so that he is running on empty after 70 minutes, Tom Davies looks as though he could be out for the season, Doucoure is a box to box midfielder but is also now injured and Gomes simply cannot tackle. This surely is the top priority in terms of any transfer at the moment, not a creative player. We are conceding goals in every game and if we are to stay up we need to become more defensively solid. This really is extremely worrying in terms of relegation if we don't address this problem.
1000% this.

We should be scouring the Championship, the French league and the German league for a couple of central midfielders, and offering Gomes and Gbamin on loan in return as part of the deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.