Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being linked with Leon Baily again today, Jamaican, left footed, RW, plays for Bayer Levekusen in Germany. We were linked over the summer and his agent talked up a potential move to Everton, but nothing came of it. It has been mentioned that his current club want around £36m for him. Leverkusen are in the Europa League this season and Everton have reportedly sent scouts to watch him again tonight in their home tie against Slavia Praha. Baily has been doing well he has had 14 appearances, 5 goals and 6 assists in all competitions this season.

I think he could be good for us, but with James playing on the right and potentially Iwobi playing there I feel we need RB more than a RW. I guess in a perfect world we would sign a player who can play RB and LB as cover

Being linked with Leon Baily again today, Jamaican, left footed, RW, plays for Bayer Levekusen in Germany. We were linked over the summer and his agent talked up a potential move to Everton, but nothing came of it. It has been mentioned that his current club want around £36m for him. Leverkusen are in the Europa League this season and Everton have reportedly sent scouts to watch him again tonight in their home tie against Slavia Praha. Baily has been doing well he has had 14 appearances, 5 goals and 6 assists in all competitions this season.

I think he could be good for us, but with James playing on the right and potentially Iwobi playing there I feel we need RB more than a RW. I guess in a perfect world we would sign a player who can play RB and LB as cover
He would be a great signing for us but the only issue is some of the other clubs he is being linked with, we will have to make a massive offer to him.

If we signed a natural right winger like Bailey in January, you'll find James moved into the midfield alongside Allan and Doucoure.

It would help if we could get Coleman back to full fitness but I feel we need to be looking at his replacement soon.

If we signed a natural right winger like Bailey in January, you'll find James moved into the midfield alongside Allan and Doucoure.

It would help if we could get Coleman back to full fitness but I feel we need to be looking at his replacement soon.
I’m not sure James in midfield with Allan and Doucoure would work. We are struggling in midfield now. Allan trying to play the holding role that doesn’t suit him. Not much protection for the back 4.

It would maybe work at home against the bottom 10 sides and maybe away v the absolute rubbish in the league. Or it’s something to maybe do with 30mins to go chasing a game.

The real reason you need a Bailey or someone else of similar quality, it to have better options off the bench when James/Richarlison aren’t having great games. We need 2 imo. One wide and one who can play central/wide.

Imagine with 30min to go v Leeds’s and Burnley, you drop James back take Richarlison off and bring on 2 quality attackers. I’d bet we would have got more than one point.

And Coleman should have been replaced last season. He’s done ok this season, but is not the player he was and is picking up niggles. And even in his prime he was way behind baines and digne. That’s the quality we should be looking for at RB.

I’m not sure James in midfield with Allan and Doucoure would work. We are struggling in midfield now. Allan trying to play the holding role that doesn’t suit him. Not much protection for the back 4.

It would maybe work at home against the bottom 10 sides and maybe away v the absolute rubbish in the league. Or it’s something to maybe do with 30mins to go chasing a game.

The real reason you need a Bailey or someone else of similar quality, it to have better options off the bench when James/Richarlison aren’t having great games. We need 2 imo. One wide and one who can play central/wide.

Imagine with 30min to go v Leeds’s and Burnley, you drop James back take Richarlison off and bring on 2 quality attackers. I’d bet we would have got more than one point.

And Coleman should have been replaced last season. He’s done ok this season, but is not the player he was and is picking up niggles. And even in his prime he was way behind baines and digne. That’s the quality we should be looking for at RB.

The way I see us benefitting from a play like James is to allow him his space and using players to compensate his talent.

Allan is a box to box player but I see his role become more of a Gareth Barry as the metronome in midfield keeping the pressure and tempo of the press.

Doucoure against Spurs was excellent in support James and Allan so he is very capable of switching into defensive mode when needed.

However the best way we can accommodate James is have real energy ahead of him. Richarlison and DCL are amazing at running, pressing and pressuring defence and midfields so if Iwobi can be added to that pressure, it forces teams back and give space in the middle and for wing backs to attack.

Carlo wants balance to his attack, our best performance of this was West Brom, who we dismantled.

Chelsea aren't West Brom so we'll need to stop their fast paced passing from start to finish. It's a really tough game but I feel we can get at Chelsea and hopefully win.

The way I see us benefitting from a play like James is to allow him his space and using players to compensate his talent.

Allan is a box to box player but I see his role become more of a Gareth Barry as the metronome in midfield keeping the pressure and tempo of the press.

Doucoure against Spurs was excellent in support James and Allan so he is very capable of switching into defensive mode when needed.

However the best way we can accommodate James is have real energy ahead of him. Richarlison and DCL are amazing at running, pressing and pressuring defence and midfields so if Iwobi can be added to that pressure, it forces teams back and give space in the middle and for wing backs to attack.

Carlo wants balance to his attack, our best performance of this was West Brom, who we dismantled.

Chelsea aren't West Brom so we'll need to stop their fast paced passing from start to finish. It's a really tough game but I feel we can get at Chelsea and hopefully win.

Allan isn't a box to box mate and he can't play the Barry role. He isn't disciplined enough his natural game is to go chasing the ball, win it back then move up the pitch with it and lay it off to a more attacking minded player.

Doucoure is a box to box but even though he can do a job defensively for the odd game his natural tendency to attack and get into the box will come through in the end as we have seen.

You literally can't play a midfield 3 of James, allan and Doucoure. It just simply won't work. James offers nothing defensive and allan and Doucoure will move from their positions and it will leave our midfield wide open and our back line completely exposed.

I agree we do need a barry type player in the midfield 3 but allan ain't him. Leave james where he is on the right bring a top defensive midfielder in and a quality RB and let allan and Doucoure play their natural game and well do well.

Since we love getting french fullbacks, Fabien Centonze (RB) for Metz could be a replacement for Coleman. I'll admit I haven't really seen much of him but good age and impressive defensive numbers.

Linked to James Tavernier, Rangers RB this afternoon. 16 goals and 11 assists this season. Granted it is the SPL but includes some output in the Europa League within those stats. He is 29 and has previously played with Newcastle not that I remember him.

Strange one this considering his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back