Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do I say that? My opening few words on my post were " I know it's too late now" -- of course there's no way he'd come to Everton now. But what a missed opportunity for us.

I meant when he was supposedly just down the road at Wigan. You were insinuating Brands dropped the ball by not tapping him. Read your post back. Comes across quite sanctimonious!

Too late now I know but watching Reece James yesterday made me angrier than ever that our recruitment team ignored him when he was playing on loan on our doorstep, at Wigan, until last year. I saw him perform on a good few occasions and it was obvious he was a talent. He played as a CB and a RB before eventually moving into the midfield, where he showed the full range of his abilities (as he did yesterday, mixing his RB role with a CM role at times). Unfortunately we never made a move when Chelsea (pre-Lampard) we're not interested in bringing him back. Great pity, and a black mark against Brands.
We tried to sign him a few times.

Chelsea told us no countless times.

Chelsea always had the intention of bringing him back.

We tried to sign him a few times.

Chelsea told us no countless times.

Chelsea always had the intention of bringing him back.
Not what I heard. Wigan invited Everton over to take a look themselves once it became clear to them that Chelsea were at best indifferent to taking him back. Everton did not respond.

Not what I heard. Wigan invited Everton over to take a look themselves once it became clear to them that Chelsea were at best indifferent to taking him back. Everton did not respond.
Really? I mean I don't know anything about this pursuit of James. But seems unlikely Wigan would be trying to help sell a player to another side. What's in it for them? Pissing off the team they loaned from?

Christ, if your gonna lie, at least make it believeable.

Wigan invited Everton over to scout a Chelsea player? Totally ignoring that we have scouts that watch every game played in England?

Nice try, but no mate, nobody will believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back