Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
spending chat always makes you wonder how the F did the foxes pull winning the league off

They haven't spent mad amounts again this season and there looking strong just not against us
Like other posters have said, they shop smarter than us. When Mosh came we just chucked money at anyone with no cohesive plan, it certainly wasn't smart business then.

Antonio?

Jimenez will be back soon as well
Well for me Antonio isnt a Striker.

And I will be shocked if Jimenez makes a full recovery.

Wolves are playing that fuzzy-haired fella up top and hes terrible, West Ham have just sold their record signing.

We arent really in a position to spend 40m on a backup Striker.

We have DCL and Rico, who are both Strikers.

Wolves currently have a League 4 Striker and a converted Right back, I think their need is greater than ours.

That young lad at at Wolves was very highly rated. I wouldn't read too much into his first season and with Jimenez out he finds himself the main man, might not be pretty but if they look at the bigger picture all these games will only be good for the lad.

Just reading an article about chelsea and how Kai Havertz looks like an academy player(pinch of salt from o'hara) but he cost £70m I think we need to realise sometimes we are nowhere near that level of spending, our highest is £45m, Bruno Fernandes cost £67m.

So I guess I never really looked at it in those terms. We all go on about competing with these clubs but we are still a mile behind financially. Just thought I'd share my thoughts, catching upto the top when you can't match your rivals financially is hard. You can talk about Uncle Uzzie but we are still shopping in different markets really.
The man under quarter final brought it home to me. They switched in 9 new players, all top drawer. We have a first 11 that can compete. But not the depth.

Will make it all the sweeter when we land the double this year and the treble next.

That young lad at at Wolves was very highly rated. I wouldn't read too much into his first season and with Jimenez out he finds himself the main man, might not be pretty but if they look at the bigger picture all these games will only be good for the lad.
For sure, the boy is certainly a work in progress.

Well for me Antonio isnt a Striker.

And I will be shocked if Jimenez makes a full recovery.

Wolves are playing that fuzzy-haired fella up top and hes terrible, West Ham have just sold their record signing.

We arent really in a position to spend 40m on a backup Striker.

We have DCL and Rico, who are both Strikers.

Wolves currently have a League 4 Striker and a converted Right back, I think their need is greater than ours.

Do we even need to spend this sort of money though?

I mean Palace signed Eze for £18
million

WHU signed Bowen for £17 million and Soucek for £15 million

Palace just signed some CF on an 18 month loan deal

Ever since Moshiri came in fans think unless we are spending £25 million+ on a player there is no one in world football who we could scout and bring in to do a job - Moyes literally did this for a decade at the club.

Its why the love in for Brands for me is weird - Digne aside who was pretty established he's not once scouted some unknown decent player for a bargain fee.

Do we even need to spend this sort of money though?

I mean Palace signed Eze for £18
million

WHU signed Bowen for £17 million and Soucek for £15 million

Palace just signed some CF on an 18 month loan deal

Ever since Moshiri came in fans think unless we are spending £25 million+ on a player there is no one in world football who we could scout and bring in to do a job - Moyes literally did this for a decade at the club.

Its why the love in for Brands for me is weird - Digne aside who was pretty established he's not once scouted some unknown decent player for a bargain fee.
No mate, we dont.

But you mentioned the 2 lads, who, now forgive me, I haven't seen their prices, but I doubt either are gonna be cheap, could be wrong.

Theres a Zirkee thread currently, players like that should be our targets, as you say Eze, the punts, but I keep seeing people say we need a reliable proven Striker, we ain't getting 1 of them to play back up.

Basically more Ezes and Zirkess, less Ings and Wilfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back