Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we even need to spend this sort of money though?

I mean Palace signed Eze for £18
million

WHU signed Bowen for £17 million and Soucek for £15 million

Palace just signed some CF on an 18 month loan deal

Ever since Moshiri came in fans think unless we are spending £25 million+ on a player there is no one in world football who we could scout and bring in to do a job - Moyes literally did this for a decade at the club.

Its why the love in for Brands for me is weird - Digne aside who was pretty established he's not once scouted some unknown decent player for a bargain fee.
Fully agree, not one of them players would have been welcomed here.

These threads are 99% are made up of players who are suddenly popular and 1% actual real links to players.
I hear hundreds of players names I’ve never heard of and Everton have never even thought about.
I can only imagine the heads falling off we signed a young Irish lad for 60k these days.

If a team goes from 442 to 2224 when attacking then imagine the distance for the 2 full backs to get back into defence if they have a deep defence...
That doesn't actually make what you've claimed true that does it? Just means it's hard work. That's being a full back nowadays. Digne basically does the same thing surely?

Fully agree, not one of them players would have been welcomed here.

These threads are 99% are made up of players who are suddenly popular and 1% actual real links to players.
I hear hundreds of players names I’ve never heard of and Everton have never even thought about.
I can only imagine the heads falling off we signed a young Irish lad for 60k these days.

Evertons scouting effectively left with Moyes I dont think I can recall us bringing in a Soucek type signing under any of the managers/DOF's since.

For me the club can be both proactive and shrewd with its finances - I can't believe that there isn't a CF or CM in world football who we couldn't get on loan or a cheap fee who couldn't offer more than Toshun or Siggurdsson/Davies.

Evertons scouting effectively left with Moyes I dont think I can recall us bringing in a Soucek type signing under any of the managers/DOF's since.

For me the club can be both proactive and shrewd with its finances - I can't believe that there isn't a CF or CM in world football who we couldn't get on loan or a cheap fee who couldn't offer more than Toshun or Siggurdsson/Davies.

It is baffling. Everyone knows how much better off we would be with a better alternative to these two

No risks will be taken here at Everton, we are safe in every aspect.

The board are safe from criticism, you can't question them because as Bill says they're revered.

You play for Everton at some point? You get a job and your safe (see Unsworth)

Question Marcel Brands and his excuses when they're destroyed every January you are mocked, because “who could we get you tell me go on” “there’s no value”.

The board are safe from criticism, you can't question them because as Bill says they're revered.

Question Marcel Brands and his excuses when they're destroyed every January you are mocked, because “who could we get you tell me go on” “there’s no value”.
No one gets mocked unless it’s a dumb suggestion

CaringAdmiredHerculesbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Bill gets more grief than anyone though

Unsworth coached 5 kids WC winners and wins the U23 league mate. He is not their cos he played for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back