Votes: 5 2.8%
  • We should buy a new captain in this transfer window

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • It isn't important who is our captain, so cheese on toast

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been on some Sunderland forums and they all saying how good fellaini was !!! So glad he singed that new deal !!!

Same here, been seeing his name and Distin pop up often. Also seen a handful of them signing Fellaini from us.. some serious glue going on over there

ive gone for fellaini but it could have been jelavic,johnny H, osman or gibbo. best ive seen us play all season. totally dominated, should and could have been 5 or 6.

I have to say, i thought Neville looked solid and his passing was a lot better last night.

Gibbo changes how the the team play, very underestimated..

So many MOM peformances, summed up perfectly when you look at the vote. Over 200 in at time of posting and Bainsey only has one vote.
Everyone deserves it, the team as a whole, the fans and the management!!!

Even that there is a good debate about this speaks volumes to the team effort on the whole. I took Heitinga - brilliant in the back and so calm with the ball. Have to think he'll be sporting the armband in no time and well deserved.

Just watched the highlights again. Heitinga was great, but i think ill change my vote to Gueye!! Watching it over, he did so much, got great crosses in, had a good shot on goal, and won a few corners! For me its now:

Gueye
Cahill
Heitinga

I've said it before and I will state once more that it's no coincidence that we play better as a team when Gibson is in the side. He gives us a better balance, covers loads of ground, breaks up attacks by the opposition and uses the ball well 99% of the time. He allows Fellaini to push on a bit and dominate higher up the pitch which also brings our wide players into play as they are supported from the midfield and the strikers now, not isolated and swinging in hopeless balls all the time. I bet Felli loves having Gibbo in the team with him. Never gonna be a world beater on his own but in the right team ( ours ) and with the right players around him ( felli , osman, heits and distin ) he will do a job that not too many players in the prem can do. Very Very good signing in my opinion.

I've gone for Osman because right from the kick off he was straight in and chasing the ball down, always wanted it and wanting to move it forward. Just watching the effect it had on the S'land players at times was spellbinding and it forced two players to mark him on many occaisions which left gaps for teams mates to exploit. I'm just doing a google search now for his family tree - there's a Brazillian bloodline there I'm sure after what I saw last night :P

I'll have to go with this. I can't remember a single mistake from anyone. Was drunk, mind.

I loved that tweet about Jely. The team made only a few mistakes. One was Jelavic passing up a shot in the box, and trying to dribble around a guy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back