• Atari

Votes: 40 9.4%
  • Other (Please State)

Votes: 52 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
;)
I ain't trying to make any sense of what you just typed.
Before I know it you'll be invoicing me for your time !

Oh, btw a 300% increase isn't 300% of what you started from.
The Echo which you put a link in says a three-fold increase and 5 years, the official site says 300% increase and no time frame for shirt sponsorship, so the 55mil figure over 3 years in my earlier post is based on what the maths fit per the OS and 11 mil pa for 5 years is based on the Echo.
In a nutshell, no-one knows and the 2 sources of info are giving conflicting info.

;)
The Echo which you put a link in says a three-fold increase and 5 years, the official site says 300% increase and no time frame for shirt sponsorship, so the 55il figure over 3 years is based on the OS and 11 mil pa for 5 years is based on the Echo.

You're just trying to make me doubt my memory aren't you ?

To be fair, it ain't what it used to be ... if memory serves me right :unsure:

;)
The Echo which you put a link in says a three-fold increase and 5 years, the official site says 300% increase and no time frame for shirt sponsorship, so the 55mil figure over 3 years in my earlier post is based on what the maths fit per the OS and 11 mil pa for 5 years is based on the Echo.
In a nutshell, no-one knows and the 2 sources of info are giving conflicting info.

My head hurts so I'm not checking your numbers mate, but a 300% increase is actually four times the original value not three times. Apologies in advance if that's how you did your calcs

http://www.skillsyouneed.com/num/percent-change.html

fwiw - I think Elstone probably ballsed his words up and should have said the new contracts were worth three times the old one, as opposed to being a three fold increase, but I'm now deeply into guessing how Suntan's brain works, which is dangerous, uncharted territory.

You're just trying to make me doubt my memory aren't you ?

To be fair, it ain't what it used to be ... if memory serves me right :oops:
Not at all mate.
If the source at the Echo is right, 15 mil pa less reported 4 mil for USMFF gives 11 mil. If this is threefold then the base value is 3.67 mil pa.
If the OS is correct and assuming it's not a 5 year deal, but possibly a 3 year, 55 mil is 4 x 13.75 mil, so that would be the base figure over the Chang 3 year deal. That is based on a 300% increase so RE being kind of truthful.
All conjecture, be interesting to see if the details come out.

My head hurts so I'm not checking your numbers mate, but a 300% increase is actually four times the original value not three times. Apologies in advance if that's how you did your calcs

http://www.skillsyouneed.com/num/percent-change.html

fwiw - I think Elstone probably ballsed his words up and should have said the new contracts were worth three times the old one, as opposed to being a three fold increase, but I'm now deeply into guessing how Suntan's brain works, which is dangerous, uncharted territory.
My calcs were 300% increase using OS, ie 4x and 200% ie 3x from the Echo mate.
As I said, conflicting info from both sources.

I think the 300% was including main shirt, side shirt and training ground. Maybe something like:-

Shirt: 9 million
USMFF: 4 million
Sleeve: 2 million

Total sponsorship = £15 million per year. I think 300% increase was a slip of the tongue myself but hope I'm wrong.

Manchester United's shirt is worth £125m per year– £75m from adidas, £47m from Chevrolet.

I assume we are actually getting further away from our rivals ? How much does Umbro pay us ?

I think the 300% was including main shirt, side shirt and training ground. Maybe something like:-

Total sponsorship = £15 million per year. I think 300% increase was a slip of the tongue myself but hope I'm wrong.

Manchester United's shirt is worth £125m per year– £75m from adidas, £47m from Chevrolet.

I assume we are actually getting further away from our rivals ? How much does Umbro pay us ?
Baby steps mate. Baby steps.
We're moving forward!

This sounds about right to me, unfortunatly United must be 10x the size of Everton, which is nothing to be ashamed of, lets be honest they dwarf a lot of clubs

A slip of the tongue from a CEO that portrays a deal in financial terns as far better than it actually is would be called lying to shareholders at an AGM in any other company.

Elstone needs sacking and soon, blokes typical of old Everton ways of running a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back