• Atari

Votes: 40 9.4%
  • Other (Please State)

Votes: 52 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
£45m doesn’t seem that much for a shirt sponsor

I'm not great with numbers like, but Elstone said the shirt deal was a 300% rise on what where getting now, Chang give us £5m a year, this deal is for £45m over 5 years, so shouldn't it work out more than £45m over 5 years? Unless we've already got the sleeve sponsor as well, and that has yet to be announced.

Last edited:
I'm not great with numbers, but Elstone said the shirt deal was a 300% rise on what where getting now, Chang give us £5m a year (I think!) this deal is for £45m over 5 years, so shouldn't it work out more than £45m over 5 years? Unless we've already got the sleeve sponsor as well, and that has yet to be announced.

so works out to be £9m a year so so your right the numbers do not add up

Probably being thick here, but where has the quote of 75mil over 5years come from.
5 years not mentioned in any context other than Finch Farm deal as far as I'm aware so shirt deal could be shorter term, 3 years say.
Just saying.

Probably being thick here, but where has the quote of 75mil over 5years come from.
5 years not mentioned in any context other than Finch Farm deal as far as I'm aware so shirt deal could be shorter term, 3 years say.
Just saying.

I'm pretty sure that, at the AGM, Elstone said both the shirt sponsor and the USM FF deal were for five years.

I didn't bother making notes though, so might have dreamt it.

Chang was £16m over 3 years. If the new deal is £45-50m over 5 that is 3 times total value. You can bet that is how Elstone has spun it and it is just one more example of why he should be fired.

Chang was £16m over 3 years. If the new deal is £45-50m over 5 that is 3 times total value. You can bet that is how Elstone has spun it and it is just one more example of why he should be fired.
We haven't even doubled our shirt sponsorship on a yearly basis, let alone by 300%, if elstrone has spun it that way.

I'm pretty sure that, at the AGM, Elstone said both the shirt sponsor and the USM FF deal were for five years.

I didn't bother making notes though, so might have dreamt it.
Just going down the conflation route.
Reported deal for FF was 20 mil over 5 years, OS says 300% increase on shirt deal, so max 21.2 mil per year from 5.3 Chang.
Pretty sure the OS doesn't give time scale for the 75 mil, but CBA checking.
But was the maximum of 5.3 ever achieved, or was it contingent on a certain number of TV appearances both domestically and in Europe?
USM wasn't announced at GM mate, just 75m.
Just musings of a bored mind

So the deal for the shirt sleeve sponsor is not included in that 75million ?

Correct, at least that's what I think anyway.

Here's my take on it, for what it's worth ...

From the OS at http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/01/04/everton-general-meeting-tonight

He revealed that in the past two months, new revenues totalling £75million have been secured, including a significant new title sponsor for the Finch Farm training ground and Academy. It is also expected that the value of the Club’s shirt sponsors will increase by 300 per cent.

The secured revenues are for USMFF and the main shirt sponsor. We've been told these are done.

The 300% specifically refers to sponsors not sponsor, so I'm taking that at face value and I'm assuming that the 300% is for both the main shirt sponsor and the sleeve sponsor.

Just going down the conflation route.
Reported deal for FF was 20 mil over 5 years, OS says 300% increase on shirt deal, so max 21.2 mil per year from 5.3 Chang.
Pretty sure the OS doesn't give time scale for the 75 mil, but CBA checking.
But was the maximum of 5.3 ever achieved, or was it contingent on a certain number of TV appearances both domestically and in Europe?
USM wasn't announced at GM mate, just 75m.
Just musings of a bored mind
The 9m a year is about right for our current status in the league but surely a club who has such supposed lofty ambitions shouldn't be tying ourselves down to a 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back