• Atari

Votes: 40 9.4%
  • Other (Please State)

Votes: 52 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going down the conflation route.
Reported deal for FF was 20 mil over 5 years, OS says 300% increase on shirt deal, so max 21.2 mil per year from 5.3 Chang.
Pretty sure the OS doesn't give time scale for the 75 mil, but CBA checking.
But was the maximum of 5.3 ever achieved, or was it contingent on a certain number of TV appearances both domestically and in Europe?
USM wasn't announced at GM mate, just 75m.
Just musings of a bored mind

USM wasn't announced at the AGM, but the deal, in generic terms was, and to help promote our benefactors businesses I'm using USM FF as much as I can !

You're spot on about the Chang deal, it was up to 16 million over three years and I doubt we'll have hit the max on that one.

Correct, at least that's what I think anyway.

Here's my take on it, for what it's worth ...

From the OS at http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/01/04/everton-general-meeting-tonight

The secured revenues are for USMFF and the main shirt sponsor. We've been told these are done.

The 300% specifically refers to sponsors not sponsor, so I'm taking that at face value and I'm assuming that the 300% is for both the main shirt sponsor and the sleeve sponsor.
So what about if sport pesa are the sleeve sponsorship thats 120 million for everything or am I wrong mate ?

USM wasn't announced at the AGM, but the deal, in generic terms was, and to help promote our benefactors businesses I'm using USM FF as much as I can !

You're spot on about the Chang deal, it was up to 16 million over three years and I doubt we'll have hit the max on that one.

My Math isn't the greatest but £16m over 3 years works out to be £5.3m per year, so a 300% increase works out to be £16m per year.

So i my opinion the £9m deal supposedly agreed means that a sleeve sponsor would be paying an additional £7m per year to match this 300% suntan Bob was referring to.

I could be wrong and now my head hurts

So what about if sport pesa are the sleeve sponsorship thats 120 million or am I wrong mate ?

I think you're wrong I'm afraid, but can't be sure.

Our base is ~5 million / year

300% of 5 million is 15 million. If it's a 300% increase, then that's 20 million a year, or 100 million over five years.

Mind you, if we've undershot on the Chang deal because we didn't hit the maximum targets in the contract, perhaps we only got 4 million a year.

A 300% increase on that would be 16 million a year, or 90 million over five years, which is possible.

Will you also grant me that there is no time frame given for the shirt sponsors deal so 5 years could well be a conflation?

If you go down the route of 300% increase on what was actually received, say 13.75 m from Chang over the 3 years works as that gives 55mil over 3 years + 20m USMFF so the announced 75mil would be correct.

Speculation on my part obviously.

My Math isn't the greatest but £16m over 3 years works out to be £5.3m per year, so a 300% increase works out to be £16m per year.

So i my opinion the £9m deal supposedly agreed means that a sleeve sponsor would be paying an additional £7m per year to match this 300% suntan Bob was referring to.

I could be wrong and now my head hurts
I'm sure I read when it first came out about the new sleeve deal agreement for all premier league clubs that the experts were suggesting that the sleeve sponsorship would be about 10% the value of the front sponsors. If this is true it would mean we wouldn't get anywhere near 7m a year, only teams like Utd would command such a deal.

I'm sure I read when it first came out about the new sleeve deal agreement for all premier league clubs that the experts were suggesting that the sleeve sponsorship would be about 10% the value of the front sponsors. If this is true it would mean we wouldn't get anywhere near 7m a year, only teams like Utd would command such a deal.

True so it would imply that this deal is baloney or Elstone was spouting crap about a 300% increase in shirt sponsorship which is very much a possibility.

as Hibbo said in another post that deal might be for say 4 years which is closer to this mythical 300% with a sleeve sponsor for a much smaller fee

Will you also grant me that there is no time frame given for the shirt sponsors deal so 5 years could well be a conflation?

If you go down the route of 300% increase on what was actually received, say 13.75 m from Chang over the 3 years works as that gives 55mil over 3 years + 20m USMFF so the announced 75mil would be correct.

Speculation on my part obviously.

On the first bit, it's possible.
However, if that's so, then O'Keefe at the Echo also got hold of the wrong end of the stick !

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor.../everton-secure-bumper-75m-shirt-12407874.amp

Mr Elstone said the two already finalised deals will run over a five-year period.

On the 300%, that would be mathematically correct, but no half decent Chief Exec would try to pass off an increase in other than annualised terms. It'd be like someone agreeing a 20% increase in my dayrate and then saying they expected me to work an extra hour every day.

However, this is Elstone we're talking about so all bets are off.

However, if that's so, then O'Keefe at the Echo also got hold of the wrong end of the stick !

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor.../everton-secure-bumper-75m-shirt-12407874.amp

On the 300%, that would be mathematically correct, but no half decent Chief Exec would try to pass off an increase in other than annualised terms. It'd be like someone agreeing a 20% increase in my dayrate and then saying they expected me to work an extra hour every day.

I'm sure any sponsorship deal would be approved beforehand by Moshiri.

17fc8de2b65a62c26fd3e6ec7d3742b82275db6d2f07ab41c6995b2c5cda85b4.jpg

So if the Echo is right, the OS is wrong about it being a 300% increase?
Shirt deal is 11mil pa for 5 years, so being kind to RE, that would indicate that we received an average 3.67m pa over 3 years from Chang so the threefold increase is based on received income being about 2/3rds of the headline amount of 5.3 mil.
Elstone is all about spin, but this is masterful even by his standards ffs.
My head hurts.

So if the Echo is right, the OS is wrong about it being a 300% increase?
Shirt deal is 11mil pa for 5 years, so being kind to RE, that would indicate that we received an average 3.67m pa over 3 years from Chang so the threefold increase is based on received income being about 2/3rds of the headline amount of 5.3 mil.
Elstone is all about spin, but this is masterful even by his standards ffs.
My head hurts.

I ain't trying to make any sense of what you just typed.
Before I know it you'll be invoicing me for your time !

Oh, btw a 300% increase isn't 300% of what you started from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back