Votes: 28 6.6%
  • Atari

Votes: 40 9.4%
  • Other (Please State)

Votes: 52 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the idea of a sponsor is to get maximum cash for the club. It's not about us picking what we want because it might look good or be considered a better product to have on the shirt.

The cold hard fact is that the deal is about cash. Betting companies sponsor sport at all levels and make no difference to the performance on the pitch.

Surely the idea of a sponsor is to get maximum cash for the club. It's not about us picking what we want because it might look good or be considered a better product to have on the shirt.

The cold hard fact is that the deal is about cash. Betting companies sponsor sport at all levels and make no difference to the performance on the pitch.

Its kind of true, i'm not bothered, as long as we get more cash. Its kind of frustrating looking at the league table of sponsorship and seeing that Manchester United get £53m per year and we get £5.3m. Im not saying we should get as much as them, but the gap should be smaller!

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/premier-league-shirt-sponsorship-deals/

I would actually be willing to pay more for a shirt with no sponsorship on it at all, if that were possible

Its kind of true, i'm not bothered, as long as we get more cash. Its kind of frustrating looking at the league table of sponsorship and seeing that Manchester United get £53m per year and we get £5.3m. Im not saying we should get as much as them, but the gap should be smaller!

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/premier-league-shirt-sponsorship-deals/

I would actually be willing to pay more for a shirt with no sponsorship on it at all, if that were possible

I know what you mean. It almost seems not worth it for £5m a year (which comparatively isn't a lot). It'd be nice to have a charity on the shirt like Barca for a while until a decent offer came up.

Not gonna happen tho. And I can understand some money is better than none.

Just found a new Walmart-American Express owned financing group called Bluebird. Their daft bird needs to go, but otherwise seems fitting within Moshiri's evil plan. Sign them up Bobby Elstone, lad!

Screen+Shot+2013-07-26+at+9.55.23+AM.png

One thing I find hilarious, is that footballers cannot bet on games (understand no betting on your own team of course), yet football is littered with betting companies sponsorships and advertising.

Punish a player for betting via a company most likely advertising within the same club ?

Absoloute madness. Football is corrupt from top to bottom.

I buy 3 kits every year. Me, the misses, and my son. I want the kits we purchase to look as much like the ones the lads wear on match day as possible. With that said, I won't buy a kit with a shady gambling company emblazoned on the front. I am certain that I am not the only one who feels that way.

So the question the club needs to be asking is, does the additional revenue from the shirt sponsor offset the revenue lost in kit sales?

Personally, I feel our publicly stated club aspirations suggest Everton is better than this kind of deal. A sponsorship with SportPesa screams mediocrity. If it goes through I guess we can expect more draws with Hull and losses to Watford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back