Everton News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marko Arnautovic ready to reject Everton interest by signing a new four-year contract with Stoke City via Daily Mail

Marko Arnautovic looks set to remain at Stoke by signing a new contract, despite Everton being willing to pay the £12.5 release clause in the Austrian's contract.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Seamus Coleman admits old habits die hard via Royal Blue Mersey

543543172.0.jpg

Players will need time to adjust to Koeman’s system

Since returning from international duty with the Republic of Ireland at Euro 2016 where they made the final sixteen, Seamus Coleman has been attempting to get up to speed with new Everton manager Ronald Koeman. Today Coleman admitted it will take some time to adjust after three years under manager Roberto Martinez.

"Every manager is different and I wouldn't say there's any right or wrong but when you play in a regime for a certain amount of time you will pick up habits that stick for a little while.

“I'm sure this manager now will be wanting to get his good habits into us and we'll have to forget some of the others that we had. That's part and parcel of changing managers, but then of course it's different when you go away in international duty so you're used to change.

“I've only been back a week and I'm still coming to terms with what he (Koeman) wants and what he doesn't want but you can definitely see that… he's not afraid to mix it up.”

It’s pretty clear after the Barnsley match that Koeman is not a fan of playing the ball backwards.

"A full-back has two options – play the ball back to the goalkeeper or play it down the channels [to the forwards]. I don't like the first option. When you have Gerard with that speed up front, and good passes to pick him out, that makes it difficult for the opponent."

There is still an expectation of solid passing and working hard, but passing back to the keeper is going to get you on the wrong side of the manager. Coleman will be part of this expectation to work the ball forward quick and become familiar with the potential of faster forwards as Koeman also noted his pleasure with Gerard Deulofeu at forward in that match.

Clearly the team has a learning curve to go through under a new manager and potentially with new teammates, although fans still awaits any major deals. That said the team has less adjustment now than when they went from a more defensive-minded David Moyes to the possession system under Martinez.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Koeman: Everton Signings Will Come “In Days and Weeks” Ahead via NSNO

Ronald Koeman has moved to ease concerns over Everton's lack of new signings, according to Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back